VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC S awarded never paid

Rate this question

Msgt Ret

Question

I was awarded SMC S and have not been paid. I submitted a claim for compensation and was told to submit VA Form 21-2680 my problem is I was awarded this in 2012 back dated to 2010. I received a increase in compensation but did not know of the monetary benefits of SMC S. I am afraid that the “VA” is attempting to award in 2018 and not pay retroactive. I was also told when I called the 800 number that it was a mistake and I did not rate SMC S.

• HadIt.com Elder

Msgt Ret

Make sure they never paid you for the SMC's?  check the rating pay tables on what you are S.C For.

if you just been getting your regular pay on 100% with dependents  make sure there not adding the SMC's to that. about 34700 extra with spouse and 103 extra for the K  ABOUT 450.00 $$ ON TOP OF YOUR 100%

Some times the raters don't catch the SMC Criteria and don't grant it.

The severity of the condition is what they look at  if it is rated high enough that would change the outcome of your compensation  With your other ratings combined up to 60% past 100% then its mandatory they assist in you meeting the SMC Criteria...they have a SMC RATING TABLE they look at to see if you meet the criteria for certain SMC s  K OR S h.b. or what ever letter your SMC meets that criteria for.

I was reading something the other day that when a veteran has a combined rating of 70% and used the 4.16 to meet the critera for IU   THEN HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SMC S EVEN IF HE HAS ANOTHER CONDITION ABOVE THE 60%

I need to research this more.

Edited by Buck52

I would like to thank the group who have help me with this. I will go to the state vso to see what I am missing as for as record wise and drop the SMC s. I have learned a lot from you all and again I thank you all.  Semper Fi

This is not the first time this has happened, unfortunately.  My advice is to ask for an audit of your retro, and to write letters.  

You could start with the white house, that should get some attention.  

Can you scan and attach here a copy of the SMC award letter?

Cover the C file # ,name , address prior to scanning it.

6 hours ago, Berta said:

Can you scan and attach here a copy of the SMC award letter?

Cover the C file # ,name , address prior to scanning it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The letter you posted does "not" indicate you were awarded SMC S.  Further, this does "not" appear you are at 100 percent.  More likely (I dont know how many dependents), you are at 90 percent.  

If you got it off ebenefits that you have been awarded SMC S, and not this letter, then that is different.  

THe va math may have bit you.