VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WIn

Rate this topic

Aquabear

I won! I am rated Individual Unemployability, PTSD went 50% to 70% and some more small ones. Got unofficial letter from DAV today. Backdate to January 1 2018. I am happy. I am numb. Do I qualify for ID card, base priviledges, PX, MWR? I think Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn or maybe somewhere on Long Island I can go, help, advice.

Thanks to all for your advice here. Battle victory, war still goes on but it's a win and just in time as I'm behind on some bills so I can get caught up and do some maintenance on my truck like brakes.

I need to NOD Sleep Apnea, effective date of backdate and a couple others but need to see Big Brown Envelope first.

I'm numb. I'm happy, it's a win, a small win but still a win is a win but I guess the battle is not over. But this will help me and my daughter sooo much.

OH How do I put my daughter on my disability??? At her adoption I was at 20% so I didn't see the need to do it. In Eben's I put a note that I will put her on there but don't know how. Just send in Birth Certificate? I am also divorced now too, sad but this will help me stand on my own two feet!!! Or  Four feet 🙂 

Congratulations!  To put dependents on, fill out and send in this form:

https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

If she is IN college, you can collect past age 18, if she is not in college, you cant get anything for her past age 18.  

EXCEPTION:  If she is handicapped.  

• Founder

I believe to get a military ID card you need to rated permanent, so you will want to check when you get the official letter to see if they say permanent in nature, no future exams something like that, I'm not sure what terminology they are using these days.

If it's not and your doc and you don't expect it to get better you can ask for it. Oh before I forget CONGRATULATIONS ....

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!  To put dependents on, fill out and send in this form:

https://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

If she is IN college, you can collect past age 18, if she is not in college, you cant get anything for her past age 18.  

EXCEPTION:  If she is handicapped.  

Thank you! She's 12 so thankfully I have many years before she leaves to college 🙂 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use