VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

WIn

Rate this topic

Aquabear

Congratulations! - When showing up to get your ID card if authorized - take VA award letter and your DD214. - 

I am retired Navy, so I had an ID when I got IU-  but I was recently at the ID office to update my card,  they were turning ppl away that only had the award letter.

I believe they are just verifying Honorable service with it.... 

1 hour ago, Tbird said:

I believe to get a military ID card you need to rated permanent, so you will want to check when you get the official letter to see if they say permanent in nature, no future exams something like that, I'm not sure what terminology they are using these days.

If it's not and your doc and you don't expect it to get better you can ask for it. Oh before I forget CONGRATULATIONS ....

Thank you!

Def going to ask for Perm if letter doesn't say it and NOD the others they denied. I'll give a detailed post once I get the Brown. Thanks again! 

Also note, my Battle Buddy JUST called me up, he's in shock his counselor just called him and said he's at 100% as well! It could not have happended to a better brother and friend and AMAZING same time as me!!! We're both in shock!!!

15 minutes ago, L said:

Congratulations! - When showing up to get your ID card if authorized - take VA award letter and your DD214. - 

I am retired Navy, so I had an ID when I got IU-  but I was recently at the ID office to update my card,  they were turning ppl away that only had the award letter.

I believe they are just verifying Honorable service with it.... 

thank you and thanks for the heads up with DD214!

My letter from DAV says IU, ebenefits says IU, I just dont know if IU benefit allows/authorizes ID n whenever I look it up NOTHING I find gives me a definitive answer

Edited by Aquabear

• Founder

fantastic for you and your buddy!

IU means for all intents and purposes you are 100% that means you are total and what you need for ID card is total and permanent, so you've got the total you just need the permanent.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:59 PM, Tbird said:

fantastic for you and your buddy!

IU means for all intents and purposes you are 100% that means you are total and what you need for ID card is total and permanent, so you've got the total you just need the permanent.

Thank you for clarifying that. Def going to look into appeal or NOD or CUE  after I get n read Big Brown Envelope.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use