VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not worth it

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi,

I am considering not appealing.  Why?  I do not trust the raters, I do not think they understand MS (multiple sclerosis) and I do not want to go through anymore time wasting.  In hindsight I should have left things alone, requesting an increase created more issues/problems plus the county VSO's appear like they could care less.  I know I have "NEVER GIVING UP" in my profile but in this instance perhaps I should.  This VA runaround has me feeling defeated already.  You can't fight city hall or the VA.

H

@HolliGreen Above is great advice but I did the same as you.

I fought so hard ( quick decision... ) to get the 100% for the PTSD - I forgot about a surgery- that went bad in service and is causing problems now, and any secondary issues ..... 

My peace is worth more than filing ... only you can decide. Prayers 

I spent 3 1/2 hours, then 2 hours, and finally 45 minutes on the WH complaint line detailing facts that the VA had on a case and documenting how the information was ignored. So many of the rating people refuse to or are ignorant of the M21-1. I have spent way to much time teaching them what their job is, because I learn the facts contained in the USC, the CFR and the M21-1 that relate to my claim and I wont accept mistakes by the RO.

You are your own best advocate. Face it, if you give someone else responsibility to do it for you, and that someone has hundreds of other people to advocate for, then you only get a fraction of the energy you yourself are willing to invest in the battle. 

Edited by pwrslm

Hi,

Thank you all for your advice, insight, encouragement, and understanding.  I very much appreciate it.  Vync, the county VSO said I had SMC S but I can't find it anywhere.  Carlie Cash was so correct in her statement to you.  Broncovet, I am 100% P & T since 2003 with a static disability (f*&^$%ing MS only gets worse---remember Anneta Funicello?  She was splashed all over National Enquier in her final days---I am not in that condition as she had primary progressive MS and I have gone from relapsing remitting to secondary progressive MS plus the docs say every MS case is different.

As tired and frustrated as I am by the current situation it may be time to look for a lawyer.

Again, I appreciate you all's support my fellow Veterans.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

H              :smile:

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
20 hours ago, Holllie Greene said:

Hi,

Thank you all for your advice, insight, encouragement, and understanding.  I very much appreciate it.  Vync, the county VSO said I had SMC S but I can't find it anywhere.  Carlie Cash was so correct in her statement to you.  Broncovet, I am 100% P & T since 2003 with a static disability (f*&^$%ing MS only gets worse---remember Anneta Funicello?  She was splashed all over National Enquier in her final days---I am not in that condition as she had primary progressive MS and I have gone from relapsing remitting to secondary progressive MS plus the docs say every MS case is different.

As tired and frustrated as I am by the current situation it may be time to look for a lawyer.

Again, I appreciate you all's support my fellow Veterans.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

H              :smile:

I assume you have checked Ebenefits for SMC-S?