VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Board in D.C gave increase for PTSD back to 2005

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

SO after almost a decade of fighting through the VA process. I got a mixed bag REMAND from the board. I first filed my TDUI in the summer of 2010. The board granted me and increase from my current 50% to 70% PTSD .....granted/back pay from the date of February 14, 2005. They also granted me new service connection for "chronic headache disorder" or headaches. They remanded my seizure disorder back to the RO because of examiners opinions contradicted the medical evidence favoring service connection. They have to fix and make new decision on that.  MY question is if they gave me an increase from 50%to 70% for PTSD how do I figure out back pay amount .....ie is it just the difference in amount between 50% and 70% on the Va ratings table? Also when they granted me service connection for headaches they did not give a percentage....so what does that mean? 

And after all of this the main guts of the case being sent to the board was for TDUI.....they did not address the TDUI AT ALL.....so I dont know what happened, but they should have made decision on it.

Current ratings before this decision increase

50% PTSD, 30% Kidneys, 10% Hypertension......

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Congratulations!  

Yes, its complicated to calculate your retro, since you have to do it every year, because it changes with COLA.  For each month, you subtract what you already received, from your new pay.  Add em up and you are there.  You can guesstimate it by subtracting the current from the former times the number of months, but that will be high because of COLA