VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Victory Taste Sweat

Rate this topic

MarineDog

I just wanted to report to my Hadit Family that I have succeeded in getting my scheduled, quarterly Neurology appointments moved from the VAMC Albuquerque, NM to the VAMC San Antonio, TX. Instead of the 8 ½ hours drive to the VAMC Albuquerque, NM from my home, I will only have to travel 2 ½ hours to the VAMC San Antonio, TX. This is a major victory as I have upwards of 23 severe migraine headaches each month and with the nausea it is really difficult to travel.

That is the good news! The bad news is that my c-file is still being held at the VAMC where I had two C&P’s. The C&P was on June 23, 2005, and no one seems to know why my c-file has not been returned to the RO! The C&P lady says the Doctor is still reviewing it, while the main VA number says they twice have put a trace on it. This is the VA at it’s very best……..

Any ideas of how to get my c-file moving please help, and don’t forget to celebrate with me!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founder

todd :rolleyes: keep fighting brother we are here with you!

man those migranes are horrible, i don't have them as bad as you, but they do knock you out for awhile. my one doc told me they have pills you can take everyday and for many folks no migranes.

i take medrin, it helps. a shot of immitrix gets rid of it for me, though immitrix in pill form don't seem to work.

I just wanted to report to my Hadit Family that I have succeeded in getting my scheduled, quarterly Neurology appointments moved from the VAMC Albuquerque, NM to the VAMC San Antonio, TX. Instead of the 8 ½ hours drive to the VAMC Albuquerque, NM from my home, I will only have to travel 2 ½ hours to the VAMC San Antonio, TX. This is a major victory as I have upwards of 23 severe migraine headaches each month and with the nausea it is really difficult to travel.

That is the good news! The bad news is that my c-file is still being held at the VAMC where I had two C&P’s. The C&P was on June 23, 2005, and no one seems to know why my c-file has not been returned to the RO! The C&P lady says the Doctor is still reviewing it, while the main VA number says they twice have put a trace on it. This is the VA at it’s very best……..

Any ideas of how to get my c-file moving please help, and don’t forget to celebrate with me!

This also happened to my file and it has been LOST twice.. I contacted my congressman's staff liason person and the file was quickly found in a very remote location. The VA is not your friend!

MARINE- good for you- I suggest that you go to the VA web site:

http://www.va.gov/ and click on the Comp and Pension Icon- you will be looking for the VA's Query system.

Click on the wording that says how to contact the VA- go to the state you are in, then click on Service Complaint-

Give them your name , c file number, phone number and email addy- and tell them what this problem is-

If the response does not help (I am sure it might) then send them another service complaint but put in the Topic Att'n: Director of the specific VARO that has your claim and should have your claims file.

I bet the problem is this- VAs have vans to transport patients between VAMCs and they also set c files on them that are being transported to and from C & P docs etc.They sure dont pay postage if they can help it on volumes of records. I bet your c file has missed a van transport date or -have you tried the VAROs mail room?

They used to have accessible phone numbers-

It could be sitting in the mail room waiting for a doily to carry it back to the claims office.

I sure would be aggressive on this-

VARO sent my husband's records (he was Marine too) to the local VAMC for a C & P exam- he has been dead for 11 years. They prompty put the files back on the van back to the VARO after I raised hell.

Every time a VA person moves or touches a C file - there is a chance that the MF will show up.

MF- Mysterious Force that mislays or loses the important c file stuff.

MARINE- good for you- I suggest that you go to the VA web site:

http://www.va.gov/ and click on the Comp and Pension Icon- you will be looking for the VA's Query system.

Click on the wording that says how to contact the VA- go to the state you are in, then click on Service Complaint-

Give them your name , c file number, phone number and email addy- and tell them what this problem is-

If the response does not help (I am sure it might) then send them another service complaint but put in the Topic Att'n: Director of the specific VARO that has your claim and should have your claims file.

I bet the problem is this- VAs have vans to transport patients between VAMCs and they also set c files on them that are being transported to and from C & P docs etc.They sure dont pay postage if they can help it on volumes of records. I bet your c file has missed a van transport date or -have you tried the VAROs mail room?

They used to have accessible phone numbers-

It could be sitting in the mail room waiting for a doily to carry it back to the claims office.

I sure would be aggressive on this-

VARO sent my husband's records (he was Marine too) to the local VAMC for a C & P exam- he has been dead for 11 years. They prompty put the files back on the van back to the VARO after I raised hell.

Every time a VA person moves or touches a C file - there is a chance that the MF will show up.

MF- Mysterious Force that mislays or loses the important c file stuff.

• 9 months later...