VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Treysnonna

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

I posted a question yesterday, I thought.  Ok here it is again.  The judge picked up hubbys appeal on the 18th of April.   For those of you that has gotten appeal results, how long fro: the time Judge picks it up till they have a decision.  On vets.gov? 

Lots of volunteers here dont really like to answer "How long does it take VA to...." mostly because its anyone's guess.  

You posted, 

The judge picked up hubbys appeal on the 18th of April. 

Not to doubt you, but remember, you cant count on ebenefits, you cant count on what VA employees tell you, and you can count even less what your VSO tells you those people said.  WE have no reason to believe vets.gov will be much of an improvement, but I could be wrong about that.  

But, let's say that someone who really knows reported to you (accurately) "when the judge picked up your appeal".  Even that person does not know how many claims will be "bumped" ahead of him with an advance on the docket, and they also probably can not accurately predict how many "RAMP" claims will be advanced ahead of yours, either.  

Finally, lets say we were to "venture a guestimate" as to a time frame.  (You can look up the average, by the way, here:  https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp   but there is no assurance yours is an average claim)  

On page 25, (2017 Report, the newest available), it suggests that it will be "with the BVA about 242 days.  Of course, by this time, Vets are already frustrated as, according to the chairmans report, the VARO "sat" on your appeal for an average of 773 days before they even sent it to the BVA.  Ok, it doesnt say that they sat on it, it says that it took them 773 days to certify it and send it to the BVA.  Of course, this does not count the 500 days it took VARO to do an SOC.  Now we are up to 1552 days..and you still dont have even a BVA decision.  Oh, yes, its expected to be worse in 2018, because there are more appeals, so dont count on a "quick" 1500 days decision..yours will likely take longer, and then still longer for you 

I wish we had better answers, but this is sounding like about 8  MORE months.  And we have no idea if yours will be more or less.  

Worse, after your BVA decision, you have to wait for VARO to implement the board decision, so you are unlikely to see any money in 2018.  Possible, of course, and we wish you well, but its likely going to be 2019.  

Now, go ahead and get mad at me for bringing you this factual, but frustrating news.  Now maybe you understand why we dont like to predict "time frames"..its because its depressing to you and us!!!