VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Could we please get help on my husband's decision in my husbands C-file?

Rate this question

Vet Dog and wife

Question

found some more interesting documents in my husband's C-File. we are also ordering more recent medical files so I am going to reorganize his documents, add the new ones, and repost them later.

Thank you again,

This site is amazing in how you help so many in need.

Edited by Vet Dog and wife
Add our appreciation for the help

My Husband has had to be hospitalized at the VA multiple times due to issues with PTSD. There are several other stressful situations that happened during his time in the marines. He has been Homeless several times after getting out of the Marines.   He has been on medication for panic attacks, anxiety, night terror, and other sleep disorders. He still takes lorazepam, sleeping pills, and He also takes acid reflux medication.  In the past, his disabilities have restricted him from perusing help and compensation through the years.

12 hours ago, pwrslm said:

Hi Vet Dog & his wife.

Is there anything in the CFile from the 80s that show what they did with your NOD and appeal? There should be a decision, otherwise that claim is still open.

I posted everything I could find in his file about that, but I am new to all of this.  I will look through his C-file again and see if I missed anything, but I think he forgot to follow through and may have also been homeless at the time.

Thanks for your help

Is your husband part of the VA Foreign Medical Program?

https://www.va.gov/COMMUNITYCARE/programs/veterans/fmp/index.asp

You can contact the VARO that sent you the C file to see if there are any VSOs there that can help you file a new claim.

You can contact the VARO via IRIS- at the Contact us button here:

https://www.va.gov/

Or you can contact the American Legion's main office in DC to find a vet rep who can help, since they helped get the 1999 award.

I believe the SMC CUE is in the 4th page of their 11-08-99 decision when they failed to establish SMC eligibility.

I feel you need to file a SMC claim now, and the vet rep might well suggest filing a new claim for PTSD also.

Since your husband has a PTSD diagnosis already, you might need an IMO/IME doctor's opinion- that an separate  the totality of his PTSD from the extensive brain trauma.

There certainly coruld be a CUE in the 9304 diagnostic code they used as well.

I can write the SMC CUE claim but will post it here when you have attained a vet rep or VSO.

Any VSO or vet rep from Vet org ,with the veteran's POA, will have more acess to more info then we have here.

The FMP (Foreign Medical Program) might well know of a State Department represenative who could represent your husband.Also I assume his medical care is through the FMF now.

I would want the VSO or vet rep to support  and file the SMC CUE ,under their POA.

They will have access to much more info than we have here.

You dont have to use the AL, there are plenty of vet orgs listed here:

https://www.va.gov/vso/VSO-Directory.pdf

Actually I believe a VSO will see the SMC CUE right away -based on the dcs you have posted here-and might just want to prepare it themselves.

Edited by Berta
added more