VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD

Rate this question

Rick33

Question

I was recently diagnosed with PTSD with several stressors drug out of me. Would the OKC bombing be considered a “fear of hostile military or terrorist activity”?

thank you very much L. Helps tremendously. 

Edited by Rick33
We lost a neighbor and close friend in the blast as well.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes I was stationed at TAFB and was a security policeman. A civilian friend was murdered in the blast. All of my stressors were AD and can be proven with documents and lay evidence. My child was in hospital first 3 weeks of life with meningitis symptoms, a fall I took and a hardship discharge. 

The one I will have a hard time proving is when someone held me down and you it a pillow over my head while I was sleeping. I can never get it out of my head. My psychiatrist says it’s PTSD. 

"ORDER Entitlement to an increased rating of 70 percent, effective March 24, 2003 (date of the increased rating claim), but no higher, for an acquired psychiatric disability, to include PTSD, pain disorder, depressive disorder, and cognitive impairment is granted subject to the laws and regulations governing monetary awards. Entitlement to TDIU prior to April 26, 2010, effective March 24, 2003 (date of the increased rating claim), is granted subject to the laws and regulations governing monetary awards."

https://www.va.gov/vetapp13/files1/1309331.txt

The veteran's main stressor was due to being AD and participating in the aftermath of the Oklahoma City bombing.

If you go to https://www.bva.va.gov/  and click on the search feature to the right, then put PTSD into the first search field, Oklahoma City into the second field, and then bombing into the third field more decisions will pop up but maybe not necessarly what you need..

Two  other cases I read were Vietnam vets who had PTSD from both the OKC bombing and also from Vietnam.

You should file the claim if you participated in the aftermath while in service.

Edited by Berta
spelling