VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Inquiry Went To Veteran Adm. Web Site

Rate this question

mountain tyme

Question

Good Morning,

I have a question...I went to the VA web site and put in IRIS inquiry then I was directed to FAQ then I put in status of my VA Claim the answer came back...

" Contact the VA Home

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Ask a Question

FAQ Help

Topic

All Topics Benefits Issues Outside the U.S. Burial & Memorial Benefits Compensation & Pension Benefits Direct Deposit of Benefits Enduring / Iraqi Freedom Veterans & Fam. Health Benefit & Medical Care (Question) Health Benefit & Medical Care (Other) MyHealtheVet Web Site Support Home Loan Certificates of Eligibility Home Loan Guaranty Issues Life Insurance Benefits Vocational Rehab & Employment Benefits Consumer Affairs Policy & Programs for Minority Veterans National Veterans Employment Program Section 508 Accessibility VA JobOpportunitiesWebsite TechnicalProb VA Web Site Technical Issues Women Veterans---Policy & Programs Women Veterans Health Care Booklet/Pamphlet/Brochure Content Errors

All Sub-topics

Search by Text for All Related Answers Search Tips

Search by

Exact Phrase Similar Phrases Complex Expression

Date Created

07/26/2004 09:01 AM

Date Updated

07/30/2004 09:05 AM

Print FAQ

E-mail FAQ How can I check on the status of a pending claim?

Inquiry

How can I check on the status of my pending

disability claim? can I check status online ?

FAQ

To determine the status of a pending claim, you can call 1-800-827-1000 and follow the recorded instructions. Currently, there is no other on-line access to claim information.

Related FAQ's

• Compensation & Pension Benefits

• Can I get a copy of my discharge papers?

• What does preferred facility mean?

So what can I do to check my status through IRIS...am I putting in the wrong question...thank you in advance....have a Safe weekend.

MT

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

RockyA1911 wrote:

Did you click "Ask a question" and get the IRIS site with the drop down menu selections?

response:

Of course not...that would have been to easy! actually I did not think of that after the answer to my question came up...but I will go ahead now and send a question...

but after reading your question on VSO...it looks like it will be a dead end for me to even ask the status of my claim if due to policy at the VA that they can't devugle that information to me...that I will need to go to the VSO office in town and tape a note on the door that if there is ever a replacement for this office to contact me...Frustrating as it may be...I am sure things will be as they should.

Your post (question) about the VSO deciding on what priority each claim had at the AMVET is interesting and I am going to watch that question with interest..

have a great day Rocky and again I will go ask a question...

take care

MT

• In Memoriam

Go Here:

https://iris.va.gov/Scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...p_sp=&p_li=

1. Select Question
  2. Compensation & Pension Benefits....or....Health Benefit and medical care
  3. 2a Hit next
  4. Fill-in form information....Are you a Veteran YES
  5. Put in SS# and continue with the form
  6. write in the method that you want a response from...E-mail...Phone....Or US mail
  7. Select your choice for is the Question Regarding....Benefits you are currently recieving..Benefit you would like to apply for..An existing claim
  8. Existing claim number if you have it.....The number of your claim example: CXXX XXX XX
  9. Write in your question or statement in the Box provided
  10. Click on the submit button

Only select the sumbit button one time. If you have entered one of the fields incorrectly, you will return to the prior page to correct erroneous entry. After you have corrected the error only click the submit button one time. Wait for the submition to be entered, and then they will send you an e-mail or response that you have chosen..e-mail...telephone...US mail.

If you selected response by e-mail, then you will be sent an e-mail with their response link. Just click on the link in your e-mail and it will take you back to their site with your response.

If you use the email response, and they sent you an answer with the answer link you can continue the question for another response at the same lind that they will responed to you with.

Opinion:

I have found this lacking. Sometimes the response is yup. Sometimes like one of those fortune teller machines..you know...That could very well be or it doesn't seem so.

Try to be factual and brief with you question.

Go Here:

https://iris.va.gov/Scripts/iris.cfg/php.ex...p_sp=&p_li=

1. Select Question
  2. Compensation & Pension Benefits....or....Health Benefit and medical care
  3. 2a Hit next
  4. Fill-in form information....Are you a Veteran YES
  5. Put in SS# and continue with the form
  6. write in the method that you want a response from...E-mail...Phone....Or US mail
  7. Select your choice for is the Question Regarding....Benefits you are currently recieving..Benefit you would like to apply for..An existing claim
  8. Existing claim number if you have it.....The number of your claim example: CXXX XXX XX
  9. Write in your question or statement in the Box provided
  10. Click on the submit button
Only select the sumbit button one time. If you have entered one of the fields incorrectly, you will return to the prior page to correct erroneous entry. After you have corrected the error only click the submit button one time. Wait for the submition to be entered, and then they will send you an e-mail or response that you have chosen..e-mail...telephone...US mail.

If you selected response by e-mail, then you will be sent an e-mail with their response link. Just click on the link in your e-mail and it will take you back to their site with your response.

If you use the email response, and they sent you an answer with the answer link you can continue the question for another response at the same lind that they will responed to you with.

Opinion:

I have found this lacking. Sometimes the response is yup. Sometimes like one of those fortune teller machines..you know...That could very well be or it doesn't seem so.

Try to be factual and brief with you question.

Thank You so much for the information and the steps...that will help me out...I did go back into the VA web site and hit on RO office for St. Louis and the site in now under construction so I couldn't send an email there...but I will go ahead and try the link you have listed...

again Thank You for your time and information very helpful indeed

MT

but after reading your question on VSO...it looks like it will be a dead end for me to even ask the status of my claim if due to policy at the VA that they can't devugle that information to me...that I will need to go to the VSO office in town and tape a note on the door that if there is ever a replacement for this office to contact me...Frustrating as it may be...I am sure things will be as they should.

Just another thought, what if you were to contact that VSO's department...

in example, if the VSO is Al go to WEB: http://www.missourilegion.org

and ask about who is handling the existing case load and exactly when

you can expect to have actual representation.... the same holds true if it's

a different organization such as VFW, DAV, VVA.

Might be worth a try to rattle someone's cage and see what shakes out. jmho

Just another thought, what if you were to contact that VSO's department...

in example, if the VSO is Al go to WEB: http://www.missourilegion.org

and ask about who is handling the existing case load and exactly when

you can expect to have actual representation.... the same holds true if it's

a different organization such as VFW, DAV, VVA.

Might be worth a try to rattle someone's cage and see what shakes out. jmho

I will do that as well...perhaps they can give me a time line on when there will be a replacement...after the 4th SO left the area I decided enough is enough..so I called AMVETS to see if someone in that office could assist me...but I was told by the the VEt rep. there that since the MO.Vet.Comm already has my POA and it is now being appealed that they could not assist me...but that is water under the bridge..I essence I did my claim alone from start to finish...when it comes right down to it...I didn't trust anyone to help me...even the paper work I handed in the office here in town..I would always mail the same packet out I gave them because I was afraid it would get lost on there desk..and never make it to my c-file...and I wanted proof I sent it...so If I win my appeal then I know it was because I kept on going..if I get denied then I will pick myself up and I know that I can get help here...

thank you for the info...

MT