VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Received my SOC and looking for advice

Rate this question

DevilDogCurt

Question

I received my SCO dated 4/27/18 today from an appeal dated 2/22/16.  I got my right knee increase overall but decrease for instability and limitation of flexion, but increase for painful motion.  Also got decrease for carpal tunnel from 20 to 10.  Everything else stayed the same.  I was going into the RAMP until I got this today.  Can I still go into the RAMP program or do I have to go BVA?  Can I submit new medical evidence with a RAMP and/or BVA.  I would like to go the quickest route. Thank in advance.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

you can request RAMP at any time during appeals  ...then Hopefully the RAMP program will help you out , if you recieved your SOC then next would come the SSOC, and form 9 on to the BVA,  However if your going to get in the RAMP Program  I'd see what they suggest.

let us know how RAMP is working out?

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

The 21- 0958 is the NOD Form, but disregard that   I see you are already in Appeals.

Which is required to be in the RAMP Program.

You need to fill out an mail in the I9 form, within 60 days of the SOC or your appeal "dies".  

Take a copy of your I9, send it to the address on the form, and send it certified mail, return receipt requested, and do a great job filling out the I9.  (Cover all your issues, and explain why the decision is in error)

Dont use stuff like "I think".  Instead, cite "evidence".  For example:

The SOC dated April 14, 2018 stated, "There is no evidence of an in service event".   

However, this is inaccurate as I was treated by Dr. J, on May 20, 2004, where  the Doctor indicated the Veterans "blood sugar was low, and indicates the presence of diabetes".  

Cite the doctors opinions, cite the regulations, cite the VA decision, but dont offer "your opinion", because you are not competent to diagnose and treat medical conditions anyway.  

Edited by broncovet

Thanks Broncovet!  I will do just that.  Few Questions....

Can I submit additional evidence?

Can I go in the RAMP program after I fill out the I9 within 60 days?

Can I have my VSO submit the form and is it safe and faster that way?

Yes, you can/should submit new evidence, especially if its probative.  

Yes, if you have a VSO, you can let him do it, but ask him for a copy of everything he sends in.  

The Ramp is so new, I can speak for that.  I suggest you opt in to RAMP and send in your I9.  You should be covered either way.  

Ramp has a path where you can submit new evidence.