VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice on Filing a Agent Orange/Prostrate Claim

Rate this question

peakgolf

Question

I am a USMC Vietnam Veteran rated 100% P&T PTSD, 10% Hearing Loss, 10%Tinnitus.....I had  my yearly VA Physical in March of 2018 and found my PSA had risen from 4.1 in 2017 to 6.8, my primary care Dr at the VA  said she was concerned and would get a Referral for me to see a VA Urologist....  2 months went by and no Referral. I contacted my Private Family Dr and he referred me to a Private Urologist who did a biopsy and and was diagnosed with Prostrate Cancer.  Incidentally 4 days after this diagnoses came back I received my long awaited Appointment with the VA Urologist finally came through and I see him next week.

My questions are: 1.  Should I file a Agent Orange/Prostrate Cancer Claim with the VA and risk having my 100% P&T being reduced after my Prostrate Cancer is in remission  or should I go ahead and continue with the Treatment Plan my Private Urologist recommends and keep the VA out of the equation (I have fairly good Private Insurance).  2.  Should I keep my appointment with my VA Urologist and try and get him to Refer me to the Private Dr. who is going to be administering the Radiation Treatment for my Prostrate Cancer so the VA picks up Treatment Cost.....

Thanks in advance for any advice on this matter, Peakgolf

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the many wise words of wisdom....one more question:  your thoughts on best way to file my claim for Agent Orange/Prostrate Cancer...should I file the claim thru e-benifits or use a VSO?  When I talked to a State of Arizona VSO advisor he told me he can file my claim electronically which is much quicker vs using e-benifits..... the way I understand it when I file a claim thru e-benifits I fill out the claim on e-benifits website and I then have to snail-mail the paperwork to e-benifits.....I have been led to believe that filing thru e-benifits is the quickest way to process my claim!   Your thoughts on this???  peakgolf

The new system promises that if a VSO submits the claim, its 30 days to completion. 

Alternatively, the EB website is 125 +/-....(+++++). 

Bottom line is do ya trust your evidence and the VSO?

EB you are in control, w/VSO they say they are but sometimes are under a huge workload and cannot give you the attention your cliam needs.