VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why would the VA ask for a Character of Discharge - After 43 Years?!?

Rate this question

WomanMarine

Question

I have no clue of what to make of it ... nor does my VSO. VA says it originated in Atlanta ... not my VARO ... and have asked IRIS.,

And check out those dates! 

COD1g.gif

You should have a copy of your DD214, no?

Show an Honorable DC? 

Upload it to the Ebenefits claim.

They really dont need it, but its an obvious resolution. This might be under an arcane quality assurance thing in Atlanta. (VA Atlanta Regional Benefit Office)

Edited by pwrslm

20 minutes ago, pwrslm said:

You should have a copy of your DD214, no?

Show an Honorable DC? 

Upload it to the Ebenefits claim.

They really dont need it, but its an obvious resolution. This might be under an arcane quality assurance thing in Atlanta. (VA Atlanta Regional Benefit Office)

I did ... years ago. VA has BOTH DD214 + DD215. They have recently removed some of my '180 day' qualifying service.  I was medically and HONORABLY discharged in 1975. I got the DD215 in 1976 and VA gave me severance pay. 

In January of this year, VA removed my first DD214 as my 'time in service'. 

Original 07232017.jpg

Fraud 05102018.jpg

Edited by WomanMarine
mistake

Nice. You got all you need. 

Go to the White House hotline. Demand to be told WHY the Executive Director of Benefits Assistance Service deleted your record of service from 1974. Then tell them that you are being investigated for Char. of Svc review. The WH Hotline should be able to get them to contact you to tell you why your record is being investigated after you already hold a 100% disability rating.

Upload both of those to your Ebenefits claim you posted above. They have no excuse not knowing what they did at that point.

Both are valid questions and you have a right to answers...you should white out your name in those 2 documents. 🙂

Edited by pwrslm

51 minutes ago, pwrslm said:

Nice. You got all you need. 

Go to the White House hotline. Demand to be told WHY the Executive Director of Benefits Assistance Service deleted your record of service from 1974. Then tell them that you are being investigated for Char. of Svc review. The WH Hotline should be able to get them to contact you to tell you why your record is being investigated after you already hold a 100% disability rating.

Upload both of those to your Ebenefits claim you posted above. They have no excuse not knowing what they did at that point.

Both are valid questions and you have a right to answers...you should white out your name in those 2 documents. 🙂

I have already contacted WH Hotline on another matter ... As they screwed up my Effective Date when they awarded my benefits. It seems to be a never ending nightmare with the VA, for me. 😌

I will wait on the WH and their investigation, as this seems to be issue with VARO ... 

I did not realize to 'redact' my name ... mods?

1 hour ago, pwrslm said:

🙂

Thank you and done! I also requested that they decide my claim ... hmm. 

Sick of this stuff ... 😞

Tatto THIS on your arm if you need to remember it:

Dont trust ebenefits.  

If there is doubt, refer to the above quote.  

Many Vets advocates even recommend "not checking" ebenefits because its so unreliable and a source of stress for many.  

Advice:  Dont take it too seriously, and dont worry about it too much.  

Do make sure VA has your current address at both VHA and VBA and do check with your representative who should have more up to date and more reliable information on you.