VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Patient is at times limited in ADLs"

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

My primary care doctor filled out a 21-2680,. A comment he made on the form confused me a little

"Patient is at times limited in ADLs, secondary to vertigo and subsequent falls.

I did not have any boxes marked "no". (unable to do an activity)

Under Question #28 (med mgt) it was stated that "impaired memory from TBI may be impacting his ability to adhere to his medical regimen".

How would this comment be interpreted?  

I apologize again for not having a scanner I do the best I can with posting what I can.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well, it may mean you have been lowballed.  I mean, gee, if you cant do your ADL's how are you going to work?  Most working people dont have to have others give them a bath or feed them before they go to work.  

My advice is you should probably appeal, or, if  its been more than a year, file for an increase.  

"ADL's" are activities of daily living.  They are things like whether or not you can take a shower or bath, alone without help, whether or not you can feed and dress yourself, etc., those things you would normally need to do to be presentable, to go to work.  

Edited by broncovet

An example of "limited ADL's " may be if you broke your leg and had a cast.  So, lets say you can not get out of bed without help, you cant get clothes over your cast, you can not walk.  This would mean you would not be able to go get food, without help, but, if someone handed you a washrag, you could wash yourself, and if someone brought you food your hands worked ok, so you could feed yourself. 

I know this sounds silly, but go to a nursing home and you will often see residents being fed, who can not feed themselves.  Almost all nursing home residents need help with ADL's.  Otherwise, they wouldnt need to be in the nursing home.  

Have you every been diagnosed with an Adjustment disorder or ptsd related to you TBI...