VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Patient is at times limited in ADLs"

Rate this question

Okemos_Veteran74

Question

My primary care doctor filled out a 21-2680,. A comment he made on the form confused me a little

"Patient is at times limited in ADLs, secondary to vertigo and subsequent falls.

I did not have any boxes marked "no". (unable to do an activity)

Under Question #28 (med mgt) it was stated that "impaired memory from TBI may be impacting his ability to adhere to his medical regimen".

How would this comment be interpreted?  

I apologize again for not having a scanner I do the best I can with posting what I can.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Did you happen to ask if it permenant and total to the doctor? I laughed when they granted me IU had to appeal for permanent and total but when the RO was making the ssoc they granted it instead so I was IU PT...long journey 

Edited by jfrei

Hello- Just an observation about the posting. 

I do see that they state on the form limited in Activities -  I assume they mean social activities and business  ( due to no or restricted transportation) 

not ADL's- Activities of daily living are self care - dressing ,grooming,bathing,toileting.

I also see they stated strength at 5/5 which is the best with the base of support in the first line as stable. 

A contradictory exists with the mobility by "Bicycle" - that would be contraindicated - meaning more unsafe than walking with vertigo. ...... jmo

Thanks for bringing those points up. The report gives me the impression that the doctor is saying both things. To me it seems like he's saying he's capable of doing these things, but at times he has problems with vertigo and falls.

I am glad he mentioned that I am not driving. I am under doctor's orders not to drive because of headaches dizziness and double vision. Which are all service connected.

If you are unable to drive, then I doubt if you are employable.  That is, your rating should likely be increased to 100 percent especially if you are "unable to work due to sc disabilitie(s)."  

If this decision is within a year, appeal.  If not, you should apply for an increase, especially if you can not work.  

Is your IU Permanent and total. Since it’s a factor based on your TBI your IU should be mine was the same I had to file for it they won’t give it to you. And yes your IU p and t just like mine was stated due to the permanent nature of your TBI