VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Be advisied

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

I just tried to file a reopen claim for my right knee ( hasn't been reevaluated since 1986) I tried to do it on line.  VA Is screwing us. The are forcing  anyone using the online claim system  to file   the claim under the new system. That means that are going to make you have a docor fill out the exam paperwork for the issue, and sub,it that will all Medical evidence. They are not going to do a damn thing for us. They want us to do it all. I told you guys this new system sucks.I am going to file the old way, and force them to give me a C/P exam.  I don't trust this new system at all... they are in such a hurry that mistakes are going to be worse than ever before.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am have second thoughts with my VA PCP she is a Young African American  woman just been with the VA since 2014 she has  an internal medicine MD  degree, no other specialties (I LOOKED HER UP ON THE VA Hospital list criteria for MD's)

...but if I ask her about my health and want an exam for say diabetes or some  type of condition that I worry I may have  she looks on the computer at my lab reports  she says that will not be necessary ...She is nice and all but she is just  about routine questions and I have to answer her with yes or no.

It seems to me she don't want to have a Dr patient relationship or have an out going personality  she is just strictly business per'' say''

and on my 6 month check ups  I am only in her examining room a full 5 or 10 minutes.  long enough for her to hear my heart beat, push in on my stomach and reorder my medications. that's it.

so I might request another Dr  the only thing that concerns me is what kind of a Dr will I get?

My old Dr was a reservist a Lt Colonel  and was called up for active duty  to Iraq...about 10/12 years ago or so and he never has returned

.I liked him a lot. one thing he always said to me and was always in a good mood   after my exam with him he always said did I have any other questions before he lets me go ? I would say no Doc you covered everything today in great detail & he would always say ''ok Lets Rock and Roll Buddy see ya next time  take care.''

I sure hope he made it out of Iraq safe and sound?

sorry to the original poster didn't mean to get this post off track, It's  just these VA Dr's get to me sometimes.

Edited by Buck52

7 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I am have second thoughts with my VA PCP

Like everything else, you are your best advocate with VA Health care. I hate to say it, but I am having similar issues. PCP's are swamped, some have over 2k patients to deal with. I am stuck with a resident, the PCP seems to have forgot her job! I research everything I can, when I catch them making errors, I document my convo w/healthevet secure email (copy paste/download to a file on my computer). 

Just keep your eyes open. If they respond to your communications, you are ahead of the game.

• HadIt.com Elder

pwrslm,

you got that right  they are really to swamped to be a professional health care providers  but the VA makes this possible  not the Doc's..VA Needs to hire a lot more PCP Dr's

I've notice the Dallas VAMC has a lot of residents at the Hosptial  but they usually move on after they complete their residency.  I've known two that have moved on.