VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

smc k for erectile dysfunction

Rate this question

andrewdc

Question

5 minutes ago, broncovet said:

Its pretty much the same as everything else:  It should be approved if you have the evidence.  The evidence would be if a doctor said that your ED is as least as likely as not due to diabetes.  If he said that, you should get approved, and you should be able to read it and find that out for yourself.  

ok..will see what the examiner says...my evidence of ED is my va prescriptions for Sildenafil citrate..

• HadIt.com Elder

Usually there's no need for a C&P for ED Claims unless they find something that contradicts what you mention and need an opinion from the examiner.

After checking your medical records and medication list, Most of the VA Urologist or CNP from the VA will take your word that you have ED & diagnose you for it and give you the prescription for the blue pills (SILDENAFIL)  or the penis injections 10mg up to 40 mg to see if that helps(for the penis injections you will need to take a class about an hour long to learn how to give yourself the injections)...if it does then that's good for you if it don't then that's bad for you especially if your young, but if the medication helps with the ED  then you still qualify for the ED Claim. 

Remember ED Claims can be service connected but no rating for it,(unless you got shot down there during combat or conflict)  this type claim pays about 104 per month on top of what your already being paid.  

On 5/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, burnedoutvet said:

I want to piggy back. I'm on several psych meds and heart meds from the VA and I also have this same issue...What exactly would a C&P do? would I have to show my johnson to a doctor? the burden of proof here is a little anxiety causing. 

Had a C&P for ED lat month. I was only asked questions. 

Its pretty much the same as everything else:  It should be approved if you have the evidence.  The evidence would be if a doctor said that your ED is as least as likely as not due to diabetes.  If he said that, you should get approved, and you should be able to read it and find that out for yourself.  

23 minutes ago, andrewdc said:

ok..will see what the examiner says...my evidence of ED is my va prescriptions for Sildenafil citrate..

I want to piggy back. I'm on several psych meds and heart meds from the VA and I also have this same issue...What exactly would a C&P do? would I have to show my johnson to a doctor? the burden of proof here is a little anxiety causing. 

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, burnedoutvet said:

just completed c&p exam by ves..lasted 10 minutes, just asked a few questions...didn't directly say she would service connect but said diabetes is huge factor for ed. I field for ed secondary to service connected diabetes. .