VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sick of this BS VA life OCD

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

They can never get my claim right since 2010 I’ve been fighting tooth and nail to get what I have obsessions and research for the past 4 years straight about to have my wife divorce me. But she stuck it out the hard part and now I’m 100 scheduler p and t onset date of 11/16/17. My claim was from 2010 when my original decision and was 90 percent ok they corrected it finally in 2016 but not backdate it to when I filed my claim in 2010 but the best part is when they remanded two issues one currently in the blackhole of the AMC with an advance on the docket and a congressional inquiry still with one person awaiting a decision for my post thrombotic syndrome well documented so it’s just a waiting game. Not my issue it’s the fact they granted my sTBI but denied my skull fracture since my first page in my record had a typo it said skull fracture(neck fracture) not a doctor apparently the clivus at the base of your skull is the clivus. They xrayed my back neck not my skull and denied it now I have to waste my money to hire a IMO to review my medical record s and previous cat scans mris. just to say what not one but four other doctors who attended me in my coma did in 2006 opinionated about having a skull fracture against there one Dr. D.S. sorry started laughing to my self in a maniac phase thought it originally said BS at the RO who looked at me wondering why I was laughing at him...I am sorry for this rant. Am I doing the right thing about hiring an IMO is there a quicker way of getting this appeal finished the right way  I’m to the point of driving to the BVA in person as it’s an hour drive maybe two if I get lost in traffic, the RO said said I didn’t have to wait for the remanded issue to be finished to appeal the decision my mistake my 120 days are up? What would happen if I show up at the BVA asking how to reconsider my claim with my 100s of medical records and opinions? I am losing it my wife needs this VA shit over with I don’t want to lose her to my OCD of this shit sorry about my language...

If I may Piggyback on Bronc's post. I had a Vet Buddy in a somewhat similar situation, the only difference is he did use a VSO which after about 4 yrs he became disenchanted with. His pending BVA Hearing involved a relatively Low Retro SMC K and Non-Presumptive AO Hypertension Denial.

After his contacting (2) Vet lawyers I had pointed him at, regardless of my pointing out his Low Retro $$ not going to be enticing to the Lawyers, both Firms begged off but Wished Him Well. At that point, he finally agreed to contact my 1st choice for his RETRO $$ situation, the Vet Pro Bono Consortium in DC. They took him on, lost at the BVA and proceeded to the CAVC where they won a Remand for both ED and Hypertension. The Remand Legal Fees Awarded were approx $16K paid directly by the BVA.

The Vet later (after about 4 months) got the RO ED SMC K Award, with Retro of about $7K. It's been about 18 months and I haven't heard from him, I believe the AO Hypertension was Denied again, it didn't make it on the 2017 AO presumptive update either.

I hear you all but I didn't want to do this alone Gastone I had a lawyer who got tired of me and figured he didn't see me getting more money then the IU, so when my backpay from 30% to 90% came through in 2016. He then had me file for IU which then was granted in Jan .2017 which was also made P and T backdated to 11/2016 when my recent employer put me on medical hold permanently until I was healed from my TBI.  This is a hobby answering questions on here and going to my treatment... My wife keeps me in check but hates dealing with the side effects of new meds and my TBI. I'm getting another drug change after complaining about fatigue on beta blockers for my migraines.  Thank you all for hearing me out this is my place has been helping me since 2011... 

On 5/19/2018 at 7:29 PM, L said:

Jfrei you are on ebenefits restriction... no more checking, live your life. 🙂

I would be ok with that but I need a vets.gov, status line to RO and BVA, think that would cover it. I think I’m completely giving this summer to my wife and kids I have 3 doctors appointments and that’s it for the VA no worries about my remanded issues it is what it is. Awaiting a decision in feb. March April and May sure it won’t change all summer... jfrei taking the summer off from all except my family June 1 so any tbi question important ask before then I’ll check maybe monthly for the summer thank you all for the support!

Edited by jfrei