VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing a Pain claim? any success?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Has anyone filed a claim due to pain? this is new but its open out there to file a claim for pain.

Has anyone been successful?

if so how & what did you use as evidence other than your lay statements!.pain meds  ect,,ect,,?

was you in the va  pain clinic & did a Dr help with your pain claim?

Buck, please provide more information.  I have neuropathy in all four extremities and am curious about filing.  I take narcotics for pain prescribed by my general.  Usually burning, sometimes sharp.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well I read some where that the VA is liable to pay compensation rates due to pain  on an already S.C. RATED CONDITION.

Dr'S will need to rate your pain  and IN MY OPINION THEY HAVE TO ASK US ON THAT?

I don't know that much about this new system on rating our pain or how they will decided to give it a rating?...that's why I was asking about it.

Buck,

I filed a secondary for left ankle pain caused by my right foot issues.  I went to private doc who said I had left Achilles tendinitis cause from my right foot.  At the C&P, I told the examiner that I had left ankle pain and that the civilian podiatrist prescribed an ankle brace for my left ankle to help with the pain.

I was service connected secondary for left ankle pain at a 0% rate, caused by my right foot.

Well, how can that be??  0 percent for pain.  I can't find that anywhere.

The bottom line is they have an x-ray showing left ankle Achilles tendinitis and left ankle arthritis (there's 10% without looking), both mentioned in the C&P exam and both opined that it was "likely" etc., so, now that I went to the private doc, new podiatrist surgeon and have had ankle therapy for that last 2 months, I will be filling for an increase here shortly, and a new claim for arthritis secondary to the whole mess.  Buggers..

The only thing I can think of is that I made a claim for pain and they looked for what caused the pain and found Achilles tendinitis and rated it a zero, and the pain complaint went out the window.

F***ing low-ballers,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that Ham

I been trying to find anything on this   I don't find anything in the CFR so I guess the provision is not out yet  or they do not make this clear!

Unfortunately  it leaves us old dog Nam vets out.

However you Gulf War Veterans need to know about this.

Here is a link from the court ruling  to maybe better understand it ?? 

This new provision is based on Gulf War Veteran MELBA SAUNDERS STORY & It maybe just for the Gulf War veterans?

My only guess is  they don't have it all figured out  just BS double Talk in my opinion

https://www.military.com/militaryadvantage/2018/04/06/court-rules-chronic-pain-va-disability.html

Edited by Buck52

Might be wise to wait on the Pain Filings until you are completely aware of the Risk Vs Reward of filing the "New Claim." Would an additional 0,10 or 20% actually move the Comp up? The only thing you're certain of at this point, Filing any New Claim will open all of your other SC Conditions for Review.

With that said, your VMC and or Private Clinician Treatment Notes need to show a history of continuity of Pain complaints and associated treatment. Every time you see a VMC Intake Nurse, your current Pain level is questioned, are you squared away in that regard?

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Gastone on this.

& If this gets going it will certainly help out those veterans with 0%S.C. and non S.C.

As I understand it Veterans don't need to to have a disability or be S.C. to file.