VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

appeal process question

Rate this question

jabo9117@yahoo.com

Question

I apologize if this has been asked before , I searched the site but could not find it . I filed a NOD in august of 2017 for a claim for flat feet . I was not given a C and P during the claim but after presenting evidence of service connection I was sent to C&P this was in early April . I was told by the folks at the RO that it was awaiting a signature and that the decision had been made and it was awaiting a signature . my question is what steps does an appeal go through and where am i in that process . I have read some posts that shed some light on this process but I am at a loss for where I might be . I have read the c&P notes and feel very good about the exam I just dont understand why it has not been signed and released . 

I know that it is a shot in the dark but if anyone has been through this or has any ideas please let me know . Thanks in advance 

5 answers to this question

Do you have an EBenefits account? If not, you should do that first. You need to see enrollment at the VA to get ID verified to get an advanced account the allows you access to claims and appeals info.

NOD should not take longer than 13/14 months. They are strange, sometimes they are done in 3, others much longer.

to get up to date info on the NOD call 800-827-1000 for claims info

On 5/21/2018 at 10:40 PM, jabo9117@yahoo.com said:

I was not given a C and P during the claim but after presenting evidence of service connection I was sent to C&P this was in early April . I was told by the folks at the RO that it was awaiting a signature and that the decision had been made and it was awaiting a signature .

i agree with pwrslm.....

but i want to ask a question....

your looking for where you are in the appeals but your stating a claim so could you clear up for me if this is an appeal to a denied claim or is this an original claim?

also your wondering why no signiture, do you mean signature for the c + p exam or for the RO decision?

• HadIt.com Elder

your quote

''my question is what steps does an appeal go through and where am i in that process ''

Its hard to describe the NOD Process the way its suppose to work because the VA don't always follow their own policies.

its best described as a waiting game (jmo)  

You need to give it more time , April was just last month,(unless you mean april 2017?) if they said a decision has been made that can go both ways a denial or an approval...just have to wait and see?

...but awaiting signature I'd say its a favorable decision.  just don't get your hopes up  until you get your package in the mail.

if you used a VSO  like DAV  they usually send out the unofficial decision a few days prior to the arrival of the packet.  also if retro is a factor  check your bank account daily. (if you have direct deposit)??

Edited by Buck52

It sounds like your question is how long will it take, rather than the process.  CCK law firm details it out, and this is based upon the BVA chairmans report:
https://cck-law.com/news/long-va-appeals-process-take/

I will speculate that yours is a DRO review, tho you did not mention that.  

Thanks Guys yes its a DRO review and yes it is just april of 2018 I filed the NOD in aug 2017 , I have direct deposit and i used a VSO from my county offic in Tennessee .

I used a VSO from the DVA when I filed the orginal claim but I did not like how he did the claim and we did not mesh so I had the other guy help me with the NOD . and the follow up on the orginal claim .

I did want to know the steps , I realize none of us can know how long other then ballpark it vs other cases . I feel like based on what I have seen that it is waiting in line to be reviewed and signed off on the RO when I called told me that. I just wanted to know if that means its waiting on signature to approve the back pay and the decision .