VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champva Supplemental Insurance

Rate this question

otey2171

Question

Is Champva supplemental insurance worth purchasing? Does anyone have a list of insurance companies that sell supplemental insurance for champva?

I was awarded permanent and total yesterday and don't have a clue about champva.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Is Champva supplemental insurance worth purchasing? Does anyone have a list of insurance companies that sell supplemental insurance for champva?

I was awarded permanent and total yesterday and don't have a clue about champva.

Otey,

Try this for an explanation: http://www.va.gov/hac/factsheets/champva/FactSheet01-22.pdf

Ralph

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks trunks and welcome to Hadit. My wife has ChampVA and Medicare so ChampVA acts like the supplement except on prescriptions. I have not figured if Medicae Part D and ChampVA work together.

Pete I've been reading about champva coverage.Champva and medicare part D do work together. After the $250 deductable has been met with medicare part D then meds are 100% covered until the medicare $2500.00 limit is reached.

Trucks I understand champva, my question is there supplemental insurance for champva. There are many companies that provide supplemental insurance for Tricare. Champva's web site speaks about supplemental insurance for champva but doesn't list any names. The supplemental insurance pays for deductibles and copays that champva doesn't.