VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

transcripts from bva hearing

Rate this question

ricktn40

Question

Hi I am new forgive me. I have TBI. PTSD and dementia. I am computer illeteriate. I had my bva conference hearing at my local VARO in Nashville Tn. The Judge was great it was short and simple about 30 minutes. My Hearing was Jan 19 2018 this year. The Judge said it will take 6 to 8 weeks for a copy of transcripts. I am advanced on dockett and flagged homeless. As of today the BVA still does not have my transcripts. Does any body know what the delay is? My email is ricktn40@yahoo.com I do not think I can log in and look at answers. Please help and advise. Iraqi freedom vet 4 years USMC semper fi.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It never ceases to amaze me how the VA is supposed to "serve" Veterans, but somehow all VA employees manage to get "served" before any Veterans.  (VA employees get paid it 2 weeks, while it takes Veterans sometimes years, or even decades to get their benefit checks.)  

If this "glitch" (6 weeks or more delay in transcribing, which directly affects your time to get paid) were with a VA employee, it "would" be resolved in less than 2 weeks, before next payday.  Every time.  The reason is that employees have someone to call or go to  their office and say, "where is my paycheck", while Veterans do not.  Vets are just forgotten about.  VA does its very best "not" to have any accountability for employee errors which affect Vets paycheck.  Its a different story altogether, however, when it comes to VA employee checks.  Those must be done on time, every time..no delays or else.  Its quite normal SOP, however, for VA to permit or even encourage delays to Vets benefits.  (Gee, were sorry about the third party transciber service, but we can do nothing about that.)  

If this third party transcribe service were a critical link in VA employee paychecks, this "backlog" would be fixed IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner.  They would fire the transcriber, and put VA employees on the task RIGHT NOW..or else.  

How do I know this?  Well, I was a computer operator who printed military paychecks.  When I put these on the printer, I always checked my own check to see if it was right, since my name is low on the alphabetical scale, and my name was one of the first to print.  

Once, I noticed that my checks were "off" by about 60 percent.  As supervisor, I immediately called the programmer, even tho it was 2:00 am.  On the phone, we were able to diagnose and fix the problem, re run the "check" program and get checks out ON TIME the next am.  I was the supervisor or the shift.  

My boss called me in his office the next day.  He asked if I had ever been in a room of angry people who did not get their checks on time.  I responded I had not.  He said, he HAD done that, and he figured out I found and corrected that error before it was too late and checks would be delayed (for the whole base).  He explained that he was "more than just a little pleased" that I was diligent enough to notice this error, and fixed it immediatly so "0" people came to his office and complained their checks were late.  

After that, he let me know in no uncertain terms if I needed something to "ask" him.  (He was a big boss, and what he said was it).  When I got out of the military, I was given a "good conduct" medal, and offered 20,000 in cash to re enlist.  

And, since I operated a computer similar to those at the White house (with a similar clearance), my boss was asked for a name of someone who is outstanding to transfer to the white house.  Guess who my boss recommended.  I turned down the white house job, when I found out it meant I needed to re enlist for 6 more years.  

Trust me, I know how important it is for employees to get paid on time.  

My boss was a civilian, but the military made it crystal clear that he was the boss, and his orders were the exact same as if they came from the Admiral.  

Edited by broncovet

i believe that i had to specifically send a request for the transcript and i got it within 3 months. i sent my request to the Appeals Management Center in Washington D.C.///// you had a video hearing so maybe you can send a Request to your local RO as well. but you should send to both.... as far as the advancement on docket im not to sure that transcripts are covered under that. like your advanced for the decision but not the transcripts. just my guess.