VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Converted over to RAMP; Is there a way to check status?

Rate this question

ErinNick

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am not sure of  this is a new program,RAMP, you should be able to call peggy and check on your appeal status.

I am not so sure if I would opt to RAMP Just my opinion it needs further testing.

Check out HIGHLY RECOMMENDED  VA Experience   Attorney Chris Attig's  Commentary on RAMP

https://www.veteranslawblog.org/va-appeals-modernization-ramp/

My husband opted into RAMP back in the beginning of March and we were initially given the time frame of 90 days to get a response.  That puts us about right now to receive a response, so I just wanted to check up on the status, but not sure how to do that.  If you don't mind me asking, who is Peggy?

Edited by ErinNick

• HadIt.com Elder

Peggy can be any one on the end of this # 1-800-827-1000

The person that answer is referred to as Peggy  because usually there's a different person on each time we call it.

you can ask  to check the status of your claim(what stage its in)  but most won't give out specifics 

7 hours ago, ErinNick said:

My husband opted into RAMP back in the beginning of March and we were initially given the time frame of 90 days to get a response.  That puts us about right now to receive a response, so I just wanted to check up on the status, but not sure how to do that.  If you don't mind me asking, who is Peggy?

Hi ErinNick,

I am currently working on an appeal for my dad's claim granted in April 2016.  We have appealed the effective date and have also opted into RAMP.  I also appreciated the ability to get updates on ebennies, however, all of that has changed with RAMP.  You will be better off checking vets.gov.  It will give you a timeline of RAMP opt in dates, etc.  If you do not have an acct with vets.gov it is similar to ebenefits.  Just thought I would chime in just in case you didn't know there was an alternative place for info.  

Not too much info there . . . it will scare you and say that your appeal has been "closed", however, everyone's says that if you opted into RAMP.  We opted in in May and it gives a date of Sept 18 to appeal to court.  We have been told that is actually the 125 day mark. (has nothing to do with court)  I will be happy to answer any questions . . .

10 hours ago, 4mydad said:

Hi ErinNick,

I am currently working on an appeal for my dad's claim granted in April 2016.  We have appealed the effective date and have also opted into RAMP.  I also appreciated the ability to get updates on ebennies, however, all of that has changed with RAMP.  You will be better off checking vets.gov.  It will give you a timeline of RAMP opt in dates, etc.  If you do not have an acct with vets.gov it is similar to ebenefits.  Just thought I would chime in just in case you didn't know there was an alternative place for info.  

Not too much info there . . . it will scare you and say that your appeal has been "closed", however, everyone's says that if you opted into RAMP.  We opted in in May and it gives a date of Sept 18 to appeal to court.  We have been told that is actually the 125 day mark. (has nothing to do with court)  I will be happy to answer any questions . . .

Your dad's appeal and my husband's appeal sound similar.  My husband was awarded 70% disability in Oct. 2017, but they backdated the pay to Sept 2016 when the claim was filed when my husband had originally filed an Intent to File in Sept. of 2015.  We are basically appealing to get an extra year's worth of backpay while he was collecting his various medical records and C-File.  I figured it would be very cut and dry because the VA has a copy of the Intent to File but when I realized it could take 7-10 years just for the appeal to be looked at, RAMP seemed very enticing!  We hope to hear something soon and they said we would get an answer between 90-120 days in the original letter received.

I opted into ramp 45 days ago and the VSO that actually sounds like he knows what hes talking about said as of now 59 days is average for his office on ramp.. When i first submitted he told me 39 to 69, I'm just repeating what he emailed me just last week.. The 59 days is what was told to me in an email last week. If you call the number or message on ebenefits no answer, but they are moving quick 120 tops worse case it looks like.  Im actually glad so many people are afraid to use ramp. My claim was a simple mistake by dr on the c n p because i'm overseas and they used that to deny me.. I have had him redo it and should be find now.