VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Report: Vets still face long waits with VA Choice program

Vync

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

• HadIt.com Elder

with this RAMP so new 

and not been proven to speed up the claims process one way or the other?

If I had a NOD Appeal claim in I'd work my claim my self and stay with the traditional process, but for some veterans they need to be expedited and special  treatment if homeless or severely injured or have severe diseases./ getting up there in Age  with RAMP or without.

I just read a news article this morning that in the last year the VA Has processed over 85.000 claims this last year  vs 38.000 claims the year before, RAMP was not mention  this is the whole over all processing of VA Claims.

Please Note: these Numbers are not precise but maybe close. I can't remember what they said the Numbers were but it was some where close to this.

Edited by Buck52

Its worse than that!  I wanted a "choice referral" to see a knee doc that specializes in a robotic arm which does a precise knee replacement (partial).  

So, my prime care doc wont give me a referral to Vets choice, he makes me go to ortho first.  I wait, and finally get an appt with Ortho.  Ortho says we can do your surgery, the "robotic arm" technology is a way for docs geting more money.  

So I did not get a Vets choice at all.  It wasnt "my choice" (the Veteran), it was "doctors choice".  When you have to go to a doctor to get him approve "Vets choice" , then its not a Veterans choice, its the doctors choice.  

On 6/5/2018 at 11:32 AM, Buck52 said:

I just read a news article this morning that in the last year the VA Has processed over 85.000 claims this last year  vs 38.000 claims the year before,

And then you just have to ask yourself how many were decided wrong and have to be appealed my conservative guess  about 3/4 .

9 hours ago, broncovet said:

So I did not get a Vets choice at all.  It wasnt "my choice" (the Veteran), it was "doctors choice".  When you have to go to a doctor to get him approve "Vets choice" , then its not a Veterans choice, its the doctors choice.  

Choice has never ever been the veterans choice, the va always decides who does and doesn't get choice based on the services available  at the VA Medical Center... maybe with the new law Trump just signed that changes, but up until now ... it was never really the veteran who got to chose.

• HadIt.com Elder

its actully a no brainer as for as choice

if the new law is passed  which the president just sign it

it means if the va can't see a veteran in a timely matter then that veteran as the right to seek a private Dr.

President Trump signs S. 2372 the VA Mission Act of 2018

the president kept his promise to all veterans as he said he would do by signing this into Law

it is  now the veterans choice to decide where and when he get his healthcare

mostly were talking about serious injuries or diseases that need medical attention ASAP. 

If I need something seen about as for as my healthcare and the VA is Backlog AND IT IS GOING TO BE OVER 30 DAYS FOR VA TO SEE ME  then this is the reason this Bill was passed  to get medical attention sooner than later. 

IF YOU SEE A PRIVATE Dr & WITH THIS NEW BILL THAT THE PRESIDENT JUST SIGNED  THE VA WILL PAY THE COMPLETE BILL.

Edited by Buck52