VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Report: Vets still face long waits with VA Choice program

Vync

I am 3 hours from the nearest VA neurologist, I am hoping I can continue to see my current neurologist on the VA dime.

I have attached a copy of the VA Mission Act of 2018, I suggest that all concerned print out a copy and read it. Personally I don't see much difference in the new law , the VA still gets to decide who get to use the Choice Program when a Hospital or Clinic is within 40 miles. or when an appointment cannot be scheduled within 30 days, or when r care is not available at the VA. This is a 25 page document so make sure you have your paper loaded.

Also The open the Caregivers program ups  to all veterans who served on on before 7 May 1975 ( which seems to me to mean every veteran). But because  the congress also requires the VA to create a computer system to run the caregiver program, the program will not actually open up to all veteran until after the system is certified. Once it is certified it will be two years more before it actually opens to all veterans.  In another section it states the Va only has until 1 Oct 2018 to get this computer system working,  so it does get a little confusing about what all this really means about the care giver program.

anyway down load it and see if you can make better sense out of it than me....

va_mission_act_summary.pdf