VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

In the VR&E orientation .. does that mean Im in the program

Coordinator said I'd find out at the orientation. Seemed odd to me. 

edit: researched it. it says the career counselor makes the determination if youre in the VR/E or if they refer you to other services. any advice is great. 

Edited by friesbruh

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its unlikely you would get that far if the VR and E counselor thought you were ineligible.  

Still, things could happen at orientation that put the train off the track.  

You should probably have a good idea what you want to do. 

Example:

I want to be a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer

Now that is a goal that could be accomplished.  Its really not too good to say, 

"I want to learn about computers".  You need to narrow it down and focus on what career you want.  If you dont know where you are going, then any road will get you there.  But if you have a clearly defined goal post, then you can focus on that and you are more likely to achieve it.  

Its okay if you want something else, this is an example only.  Its fine if you hate computers, but want to learn how to fix cars, or airplanes..or diesels.  But do pick your favorite.  If you dont know what you want, why should VA want to give that to you??

Be motivated:  Show up on time or early.  Ask questions.  Participate in the discussion. Plan ahead when they ask what you want.  Have an answer like:

"I want an associates degree in cooking school, and would like to open my own resteraunt".  

You will have to be motivated to complete this, so show them you are by doing your homework..that they didnt ask for.  That is, to define what you want to do. 

People will get out of your way when they see you are moving in a certain direction.  But, if you dont know where you are going, how can they move out of your way??

Its okay to "right the ship", that is, to veer off your goal because of a storm, and its even okay to change your mind.  

Edited by broncovet

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use