VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQ Review

Rate this question

lcurle

Question

Got a call today from a company called LHI for a DBQ Review for PTSD.  Verified them and scheduled the appt for next week.  I am currently rated 50% for PTSD and had submitted a claim for Sleep Apnea due to the burn pits in Afghanistan.  Now this pops up after I get my letter from the RO stating my claim is denied because there is no SC for sleep apnea.  Anything to be concerned about with this?  I quit the VA BM program because there was a russian dr trying to kill me, or so it seemed, with all the meds she was throwing me on.  then my weekly visits with the shrink were all about her and I couldn't take it anymore so I canceled all of them.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I had a doctor like that once.  Had me on so much medication that a civilian urologist told me I could be in serious trouble for complication of medications.  When I asked my VA doc she got so mad because I had a second opinion on her treatment.  She refused to treat me after that.

I went to patient affairs and was assigned another doctor.  You may want to try that before you walk away from the entire program.

To fully develop your claim they may be getting a medical opinion about the service connection.

Edited by vetquest

As always, you need these 3 things for service connection for any disorder:

1.  Current diagnosis

2.  In service event or aggravation

3.  Nexus or doc opinion that 1 and 2 are related. 

You can choose which doc for the nexus and diagnosis.  Either a private doc (IME/IMO) or a VA doc.  

Unfortunately, VA doesnt accept a PTSD Diagnosis from anyone but a VA doc.  However, it sounds like you have already been diagnosed with PTSD, so that isnt an issue.  

Edited by broncovet

I have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and issued a Cpap from the VA even though it is not service connected.  All of our FoB's had burn pits outside the walls and half our damn unit starting snoring like crazy in the tents while we were deployed (03/04 OEF)...I dunno...just worried they are going to say "all better" and rate me a 0% to be douche canoes.

Got the appointment in the mail today. It says “DBQ psych ptsd review (1), CPT 90791 - psych dx interview dm (1), cpt 96150- bh assessment, initial, ea unit15 min, up to 6 units (4).” Wtf does that mean??!!??

googled the codes:

90791 Psychiatric diagnostic interview without medical services

Health & Behavioral Assessment – Initial (each 15 mins)

Also looks like this is the first part of the interview: VA Form 21-0960P-3

"I quit the VA BM program because there was a russian dr trying to kill me, or so it seemed, with all the meds she was throwing me on.  then my weekly visits with the shrink were all about her and I couldn't take it anymore so I canceled all of them."

You might not like my opinion-'weekly visits with a VA shrink' -I know vets who would love weekly visits with a shrink -my dead husband even wished the 21 day inhouse program was a year long-to deprogram a year in Hell.

But" I canceled all of them."

The VA justifies established MH awards by seeing that the veteran is willing to get continuous MH care and meds, if appropriate to the MH Issue.

How long ago did you stop getting VA treatment for your PTSD?

They might think since you dont get treatment that you have been miraculusly 'cured'.