VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form 21-4138

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

Has anyone followed Veterans Law Blog that states not to use the Form 21-4238 for statements? I have not heard anyone until recently say that using form 21-4138 is useless. Anyone have knowledge of this?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes,

That's just the opinion of well known and highly intelligent Opinion from VA Attorney Chris Attig.

He gives his opinion as to why he thinks the statment in support of claim 21-4238 is not worth the paper its written on!

Veterans have the options to fill it out or not fill it out  veterans choice in my opinion.

As long as we all follow VA Guidelines the VA Sets forth for all Veterans.and provided by Law in CFR's

• HadIt.com Elder

I think Chris Attig is referring to they never read it..so that makes it useless.

for some unknown reason the new VBMS format don't read all gov-forms  the 21 -4138 maybe one of those forms,? the new 21 526 ez is what they use more now.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

They have to have been reading mines because I've said some very specific things related to my claim and they added the contentions. So I'm implying that it's not completely "useless". neither have I had my claims slowed down due to submitting them, and I submit a lot. lol

• HadIt.com Elder

I used it years ago but now some are saying its useless...  just opinions though.

I have always used the 21-4138.

It contains an oath on the bottom of page 2 which saved me time typing out an oath regarding my evidence.

I also was an eye witness to a few C & P exams and that helped too, to sign the oath after describing what occurred.

The very first CONUS AO veteran ,James Cripps, when he returned to Fort Gordon to prove he had been exposed to Agent Orange there, carried blank 21-4138 forms with him and got much evidence that others at the Fort were willing to describe  and to put  their signature and date to the oath statement.

It is a form VA is familar with-and  I think they skim over long renditions, that are not on a 21-4138-which can be one more way of stating the evidence they have, in case they want to ignore it.

James has been a Radio show guest at hadit many times and his BVA award is here as well.

It is a story of how Nothing is Impossible if a veteran or their survivor is willing to do the leg work.