VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for increase

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Hi there!  Long time member but haven't been around in awhile.  I filed for an increase for PTSD in April 2018.  Received C&P last week and my rep called me today to let me know I went to 70% from 50%.  My overall 90% rating stays the same but it puts me at 94% now.  I intend to file for one more claim in the next few months and if that goes well, I will go to 100%.

My C&P exam went well.  It was about 30 minutes total but examiner told me I was progressively getting worse.  Not sure I wanted to hear that but it's the truth.  I am in therapy for over four years now and I am mentally exhausted from it.  I just hate feeling like this all the time.

What I wanted to mention is that you should always wait until the decision is completed and not try to guess your outcome.  My rep was able to read the exam, it was done at an LHI contracted facility and while the examiner checked the box for 30% under Occupational and Social Impairment, his remarks and overall assessment are what increased me to 70%.  My point is to not always freak out and think you might get reduced based on the Occupational/Social Impairment box.  The entire C&P exam, along with all your history of therapy is what will help you in the end.

• HadIt.com Elder

Navy4rlife

I believe the %'s you posted all added up using VA Math comes to a 92.85% which is rounded out at 90%

Just a word of thought!

One thing A Lot of veterans don't do is check their rating critera for the disability they are being rated for.

example ,

you got a 50% rating for your PTSD Claim  Assuming this was your first time claim for PTSD and not Appeal?)

ok when you got the 70%increase  did you read  what we decided(the 20 %increase to the 70% from the 50%? what changed and made them give you the 70% increase?

did your ptsd become aggressively worst within the last time from of your 50% rating?  because you need to check the 50% rating and see what the rating criteria for that was back when you got that...you could possibly or maybe should have disagreed with that decision because you probably should have been rated the 70% all along. or higher rating....they are suppose to give the highest rating allowed by law and some times they don't.

You should check all your ratings for the correct % they give you(check the rating criteria for each  s.c.disability condition an look at your medical reports to see what are saying about your conditions.......when they find out that can't low ball a veteran they won't (Normally)

I have been 50% since 2014 and was up for review, which is what this C&P and claim was for.  I have progressively gotten worse over the past year and all the notes supported it and the examiner even agreed, which is why I was increased to 70%.  I have an ITF for when I file for Fibromyalgia.  I see my RA doctor next month to confirm the diagnosis and he stated that it is most likely due to both PTSD and IBS, both of which I am S/C.  I plan to file under the ITF for that.

5 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Navy4rlife

I believe the %'s you posted all added up using VA Math comes to a 92.85% which is rounded out at 90%

How did you come to this?  Did you use the VA rating table?  I thought it was 93% so that is about right

• HadIt.com Elder

ok all is good, if your trying to make it to the 100%  your going to need at least a 50% rating for your fibro  or if you have any more conditions that you can file on...definitely file on those too.

Its very hard for a veteran to reach the 100% on combined ratings,  but if that veteran has enough ratings  they certainly add up.

I wish you the best.

Not trying to get 100% but I am getting close LOL....I don't see Fibro being more than 10-20%.  I am happy with the 90% just making sure I have a good solid 90% for any future exams that could decrease me 🙂

• HadIt.com Elder

I used this calculator  http://www.vvaarizona.org/combined_disability.php   but it might not be 100% because its fairly an old one , so your estimation maybe correct  either way anything under 95% would be 90%