VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for increase

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

Hi there!  Long time member but haven't been around in awhile.  I filed for an increase for PTSD in April 2018.  Received C&P last week and my rep called me today to let me know I went to 70% from 50%.  My overall 90% rating stays the same but it puts me at 94% now.  I intend to file for one more claim in the next few months and if that goes well, I will go to 100%.

My C&P exam went well.  It was about 30 minutes total but examiner told me I was progressively getting worse.  Not sure I wanted to hear that but it's the truth.  I am in therapy for over four years now and I am mentally exhausted from it.  I just hate feeling like this all the time.

What I wanted to mention is that you should always wait until the decision is completed and not try to guess your outcome.  My rep was able to read the exam, it was done at an LHI contracted facility and while the examiner checked the box for 30% under Occupational and Social Impairment, his remarks and overall assessment are what increased me to 70%.  My point is to not always freak out and think you might get reduced based on the Occupational/Social Impairment box.  The entire C&P exam, along with all your history of therapy is what will help you in the end.

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I used this calculator  http://www.vvaarizona.org/combined_disability.php   but it might not be 100% because its fairly an old one , so your estimation maybe correct  either way anything under 95% would be 90%

Okay I used it and got The combined disability total is: 93.65105152% The rounded number would be 90% disability. Use this figure in the disability compensation calculator.

• HadIt.com Elder
6 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

Not trying to get 100% but I am getting close LOL....I don't see Fibro being more than 10-20%.  I am happy with the 90% just making sure I have a good solid 90% for any future exams that could decrease me 🙂

Roger That

However if you do have any other conditions that you think maybe S.C. Add those in on you ITF...Now is a good time to do that when you do file   and the ITF will give you 12 months to rake up your evidence to support these claims.

But You do as you think is best for you.

Remember there's a BIG increase financially between 90% %being 100%  plus more benny's.

• HadIt.com Elder
7 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

Okay I used it and got The combined disability total is: 93.65105152% The rounded number would be 90% disability. Use this figure in the disability compensation calculator.

I might not added it all up right?  I think I may have left out a 10% in all those. '' sorry''

• HadIt.com Elder

You may go back and check your 70% PTSD Rating...b/c you may quailfy for the 100% PTSD Rating?

and if you do this will open up the SMC Door for you,

SMC S.H.B. to add to your 100% pay total  its about 348.00 extra month with one dependent...this is added on top of the 100% payment...all tax free.

32 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

You may go back and check your 70% PTSD Rating...b/c you may quailfy for the 100% PTSD Rating?

and if you do this will open up the SMC Door for you,

SMC S.H.B. to add to your 100% pay total  its about 348.00 extra month with one dependent...this is added on top of the 100% payment...all tax free.

I work and have a great job that pays well. I am able to work from home otherwise I wouldn’t be able to work. I’m not 100% at least right now. I’m at 70% now and I think it’s a fair and accurate rating. I do have a potential for fibro like I said in earlier post and potentially CFS. I will see how those claims go. For now I’m very happy and I’m in the RAMP HLR for EED’s. 

I found this on the VA website - http://dvs.ohio.gov/main/library/varo/resources/VA-Math.pdf

According to this I am 94% and if I get one more 10%, I go to 95% rounded to 100%.  This is what the VA uses from what I am told.  Pretty accurate in my opinion.  I think you need 50% when you are closer to a solid 90% rounded up from the 80's or low 90's, like 91/92.