VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retro pay and changing ab8

Rate this question

treysnonna

Question

They gave hubby 20% increase in diabetes.  Which he was at 80, so it brings him to 90, so how long does it usually take ebenefits to catch up and show on the AB8?  They made decision on the 30th of May.  They are only paying it for tw yrs.  it is not going back to the Jan of 12 when we filed it.  Their reasoning was that in 2012 the our doctor put down that , he was on insulin, restricted diet, and limited mobility.  And theva dr said he was not on a diet.  Spouse he could tell that from just looking.?  And then when it went to bva we had our drs. Write up a letter, that said hubby was on restricted diet, insulin, and restricted activities.  So as not to drop his sugar too low.  And that was sent in 2016.  So that is why they chose to only give him the increase from 2016.  The dr also put down he was unable to work due to his service connected disabilities.  And that is why they are telling hubby to put in for iu.  That along with ckd has been remanded back to amc or original ro that made the initial decision.  So we are not sure who has it yet.  We are waiting on someone to contact us.  And send us forms for iu.  Does that necessarily mean they will approve iu.  But the two yrs retro should not be that hard to figure out.  10% for 2 yrs.    and we will ask for reconsideration for the increase to go back to 2012.  What do you guys think?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

38 minutes ago, treysnonna said:

Thanks Bronco,  I think we are going to have too now.  Just talked to a guy at amc,  and he said they are holding up the increase in diabetes, until the remand is done.  I thought he would get the back pay and they would start paying him, the 10 percent extra in his ck now.  But I thought wrong.  We still have not heard a thing on the remand.  Now they are the one that suggested iu, but I bet they will only go back to the Aug 16th date, like they have done with the diabetes. So do you think if we go ahead and file it back to the date nov of 12 is when original claim was filed.  Now he was only at 50%.  But if they rate the 20% increase in dB and rate the kidney at 60.  Will they then qualify him for iu.?  Maybe we need to call the attorneys and let them figure it out.  Now if we file any other claims will they hold them up too?  That is what hubby has always been afraid of.   Took him to retina spec. Yesterday and he may have to have surgery on his eye, because they think it is bleeding in the back.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:14 PM, treysnonna said:

rest of the claim was remanded

IF YOU POST REMAND WE HERE MIGHT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU MORE INSIGHT.. REASON IS,, A REMAND IS NOT A DENIAL AND THERES THINGS YOU CAN DO TO MAKE SURE THE REMAND GOES GOOD.

2 hours ago, treysnonna said:

Just talked to a guy at amc,  and he said they are holding up the increase in diabetes, until the remand is done.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THERE NOT LOOKING HOW 2 SERVICE CONNECTIONS OVERLAP EACH OTHER.  MAKE SURE BECAUSE BEFORE THE REMAND COMES BACK YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO STOP PYRAMID ISSUES.  CFR 3.14 AND REMEMBER THE JUDGE DECIDES IF THEY OVERLAP OR NOT BY LOOKING AT THE RECORD OF EVIDENCE. SO FIND OPINION ON HOW THEY DONT OVERLAP BEFORE JUDGE IS FORCED TO IF HE CANT FIND IT..

Edited by paulcolrain

his docket No. is 14-41 036 A.   My other question, I have is, my husband opened this claim in nov of 12.  His doctor did write statement he was on one or more insulin shots a day, restricted diet, and LIMITED mobility.  Then when it went to bva we got him to write a letter.  Which he did and it was dated, you know like the date he wrote the letter.  But it was pertaining to the 2012 claim. Va picked it up as saying that as of 2016 he was saying he was on insulin, restricted diet, and restricted activity, so as not to go into hypoglycemia.  I geuss this is what the atty will fight too.  You know how they give you so many days to get things in once it goes to bva?  And they are trying to connect the kidney and the cads.  But he was diagnosised with kidney in 2011 and the cads in 2014.  We had claimed secondary to diabetes2 .  He has had the diabetes since 1999.

Im not quite understanding your question, Treysonna.  Try rephrasing it giving "background" and then your question.  A new post is a good idea, more will see it, and you can put a link to this post, with your background.