VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Conflicting information

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi,

I hope someone can clarify; I have read conflicting info about who to give new medical information to.  I currently have a NOD.  I have read: 1) turn the info in to your VSO, 2) hold on to the info until your meet with a DRO and then give the info to the DRO right then and there.  If anyone has any thoughts, opinions, and/or advice it will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

To Ms. Berta:  I envy you about how you don't accept negativity.

H

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I would make copies  give some to your VSO and keep the other copies yourself and take with you to your DRO Hearing or Review.

if the VSO don't send in this crucial evidence in time for the DRO Hearing  then you can present it at this time.

so if you have the evidence to change a decision in your favor submit it to your DRO. if he don't have it  you may need to ask him/her if they have this evidence in the computer ? if DRO says No  THEN WHIP IT OUT AND SHOW HIM YOUR COPIES.

So, apparently you have a DRO hearing coming up?  I would send it to the evidence intake center (if there is plenty of time before the hearing), but make sure its in your file and have a copy with you.  

This is the main reason to have a DRO hearing...check the evidence he has, and check the evidence you have.  If there is anything missing, hand the DRO a copy.  Have 2 copies available..one for you to keep one to give to the DRO.  

Hello Hollie!  One thing that we have learned through many claims, 2 appeals, and a remand is that we have many copies of EVERYTHING!  We send copies into the appropriate places and present them in person when necessary.  There have been many times when evidence has gotten "lost" throughout the process and if you don't check ebenefits regularly, you may not know until it's too late.  So, in answer to your question,  I agree with Broncovet and Buck.  Do both.

Thank you Buck, its great advice that I will follow.  This entire situation has been a fiasco from the start.  My take-away is (and this is just my opinion) if your service-connected disabilities get worse a Veteran should think about the consequences if things go south.  I mean really devote some deep thinking.  This NOD has me in all sorts of places trying to right a wrong.  It is difficult to keep a positive attitude but then I think of the Veterans who are in much worse situations than myself and also Berta's statement of how she does not give in to negativity sets me thinking of what is right instead of what is wrong.