VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Giving Up is Success for Me ( WE WON!!!! )

Rate this topic

This is my SUCCESS STORY!!!!  

I’m through with the fighting!!! I can’t do this anymore! I don’t want to fight the va and their screwed up system on my own! I hired an attorney to do this for me. He works with a Doctor that does IME’s and said that with all the information and paperwork I have, 100% is very good. I should have listened to my wife and did this years ago!(23years of fighting) The attorney works on a 20% contingency basis which in my book is well worth the headache and heartache!!!! I will have to pay for the IME’s upfront but with this attorneys win rate and positive ratings it’s worth the shot. I want to thank all of the great people who for many years have provided me with great information and advice! Without your help I would be crazier than I am right now and still sitting at 30% instead of the 80% percent. Again I’m done, but not through! The war is with a stronger and smarter army now!  Thanks again for everyone’s help!!! I’ll keep you posted on things!!!!

Edited by silverdollar22

I hired an attorney also.  I completely get it, it is very exhausting.  Berta says if you dont have PTSD, you will after dealing with the VA for a while.  As I have explained before, you dont always even have to pay for the attorney, because EAJA will likely pay the fees when you go to the CAVC.  

This is my 4th trip to the CAVC.  First, a writ of mandamus because VA shredded my claim.  Second was NVSLP represented me at the CAVC in a board appeal.  Third was Julie Glover at the CAVC.  Fourth is now and Chris Attig represents me at the CAVC.  In each time, for me, I won at least a Remand, and wound up with additional benefits.  It will be a few months before I know how this one will turn out.  

The VA wants us to make a career out of fighting them for benefits.  You win a little at a time, and dont often win the whole enchilada.  

This isnt giving up, its bringing out the big guns we should have been using earlier!!!

It reminds me of a cartoon.  IN the cartoon, there was a man who sold machine guns.  The general was fighting a war, and the machine gun salesman came up to him to sell him his product.  The general told him he didnt have time to see the saleman..couldnt he see he was fighting a war with the Indians?  (They were fighting them with muskets, and reloading).  

Edited by broncovet

Lol, yeah, like bringing a knife to a gun fight! Making my PTSD, PTSDX2!!!! I know that it’s a big game for them but, I’m going to let the guys with the degrees shoot for awhile! My last C&P was the last straw! I’m going for the IME’s from someone with more clout to shoot down the NP’s opinion. Bull- - - - !!!!! That’s all it is!! I just wish we could hold them responsible for their incompetence!! For instance, 2015 x-ray for my neck said bulging disks but disk space equal in distance. Fast forward to 2016 MRI says disk bulging with congenital disk fusion! Really no joke! It’s just crazy incompetence!!! Like I said, time for the big guns!!!! 

• 2 months later...

Well time for an update. Things are moving right along with my claims from my attorney and doctor who did my DBQ’s and IME’s! The VA tried to gank me again by saying that I would have to go in for some C&P’s because they didn’t have a IMO for my contentions. I’m glad I learned something about the tricks that the VA uses to try to screw you!! I told the decision makers supervisor who is doing my claims that my doctor submitted the IMO’s and nexus for each contention and I have them right here in front of me. She said that the DBQ’s didn’t reflect an OPINION on my claims. DUH 🙄 Now this is a supervisor for the decision makers!!! I told her the date that they were sent and started reading them to her before she said that she saw them now! Then she came up with another ploy to gank me and said, that the doctor put———or ———-   for the reason that caused my problems and said that it had to be only one issue that caused my problems. ( They will try anything) I quoted her from there own CFRs where it says——- or ——- can be rated for the cause of a contention to get awarded compensation so what is the difference? Needless to say she said that she would like to put me on hold and would be back with me. Fast forward and I looked on e-benifits the next day and saw preparation for decision! Today it said preparation for notification!!!! No word from the lawyer as of yet but I have my fingers crossed that this may be the 100% P&T that we are shooting for!! We also put in a CUE from 1995 on a hand contention that they never address! The lawyer caught that one so he may earn some money for it! We’ll see what happens next but, being Friday I probably won’t hear anything about it till next week!! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use