VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

If a veteran has submitted a FDC for IU and has been given an increase from 70% to 80% and the IU was deferred. How long does the deferred IU decision normally take? Is it still expected to be within normal FDC 6 months?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yes, deferred will always be decided, either favorably or not.

As far as the acne, I never did claim acne, however, I did claim for a small (tiny) piece of metal in my face above my eye that showed up during a MRI for service connected hearing loss. I claimed it and they determined it to be a foreign body I acquired while in Irag (I had the record from the Battalion aid station I went to bleeding) and deferred it.  A nail gun, so no purple heart, LOL.  It came back as service connected under acne and an additional deferred item which came back later as service connection for scars.  Both at 0%.  And the minute piece of metal is still there.

So, if I die of acne, my wife will get DIC,

Hamslice

What is the difference between deferred and remanded.    Hubby finally put in for iu.  Now during original claim we did not put in for iu.  Bva remand the kidney problem and iu.  They (remanded office). Sent us the paper work and gave us 30days for to get it in.  How long do you think it will be for a decision on it.  Or doe you think bva has already decided and just waiting for paper work to for final approval

Remand is always decided by the RO Appeal Judge for another look at the Denial for more Rating Medical supplement info or the CAVC Judge can Remand the need for another review at the RO Decision Dept Decision.

Remands are never a guaranteed Award, except the Vet's Lawyer getting the Remand at the CAVC, which count's as an Award and qualifies the VA Lawyer Fees, sometimes exceptionally $$K's high.

A Vet Buddy got his Low SMC K ED Award, eventually 6 or $7K back in 2016 after about 5 years. His DC PRO BONO Vet Consortium, he finally listened to me, DC PB Vet Consortium was the only VET Lawyer that would rep him for the BVA end of 14 and the CAVS early 2015, scored a $15K to $18K For the Remand.

As to an '"IU Inferred Claim" being added to an Award Letter. Stictlyindicates there is a possibility based on the Award decision and the Vet making the threshold for filing an IU Claim, won't happen unless you have the Scheduler SC %. You still have to file the official IU REG or FDC, supplying the Income and Employment evidence necessary to prove you are actually IU, possibly T & P or not.

My 6/12 90% Award included the (Deferred IU Claim) and subsequently, the IU was filed within 2 weeks by me, Denied within 4 months and NOD'd for a DRO Hearing by end of 12/12. DRO 6/14 Reversed the IU Denial and listed IU T & P "No Future Exams Scheduled" at 3pm after the 8:30am Informal Hearing Decision was rendered awarding everything.