VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Deferred

Rate this question

Ddsr

Question

If a veteran has submitted a FDC for IU and has been given an increase from 70% to 80% and the IU was deferred. How long does the deferred IU decision normally take? Is it still expected to be within normal FDC 6 months?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

yes or sooner  IU MEANS that the veteran can't work and his claim should be expedited  once adjudicated

Some idiot rater probably wanted someone to look at a crucial part of the evidence and it should not take that long for another senior rater to look at.

if you use a VSO ask him to check on this for you ASAP 

Buck yes it has been almost 3 months now in deferred. I am going to finally have a new VSO after being run around in circles for the past several months trying to get my retired VSO replaced. I never was even told my POA VSO retired. BULLSHIT

The times I have been deferred, I always was service connected, however, low-balled twice and service connected at a 0% rate two times.  Never denied.

My CVSO says my VSO is the best.  Couldn't prove it by me.  I have never talked to him or have gotten any correspondence from him.  After this next round of claims, I am going to blow the whole thing up if it don't go my way.  Or maybe I will just call him and introduce myself.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

37 minutes ago, Hamslice said:

The times I have been deferred, I always was service connected, however, low-balled twice and service connected at a 0% rate two times.  Never denied.

My CVSO says my VSO is the best.  Couldn't prove it by me.  I have never talked to him or have gotten any correspondence from him.  After this next round of claims, I am going to blow the whole thing up if it don't go my way.  Or maybe I will just call him and introduce myself.

Just sayin,

Hamslice

Ham can you explain furthur. You were deferred for what? I am deferred for IU but that is simply the VA way of saying they will get to that when their dam good and ready. LOL

So the deferred was always eventually decided correct? That is what I understand deferred means.  And sorry but I have never heard anyone filing a claim for Acne.