VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7 Year Appeal, When will it end?

Rate this question

Wjason777

Question

Recently I just hit my 7-year mark for an appeal that i file back in 2011. At the end of last year, I was granted everything I appeal expect Headaches and TMJ. Earlier this year I had to go in front of a board explaining my case on why I think i should be compensated for these two disabilities. Long story short I won the case. It's been over 3 months since I received the letter stating that I won and that my file is going to be sent to my regional office for the final review which determines my monthly amount. My question is, How long does something like this take to complete? I keep getting different answers when I call the 800 number, I figured since it been over 7 years something like this shouldn't take any longer than a month or so. 

Has anyone one here experience this ?

Many of us.

I assume this was a BVA grant remanded to the RO-

I also assume they will have to give you a C & P exam to rate both issues.Maybe you had the exams by now?

I won a case at the BVA in 2009 and the RO didnt want to pay me. ( Because it involved high five figure award.)

They were pissed because during this case the Regional counsel found CUEs in a prior decision they had ignored my letters about- and they had to pay me almost 40 thousand.

I called the General Counsel  ( part of what they owed was a refund of a FTCA offset I had negotiated with the US .VA OGC attorney - a situation that , as far as I know has never happened before)and OGC ordered them to pay me.

I got the offset refund.

Two other CUEs I had took from 2003-2004 to 2012 to be properly awarded and they never went to the BVA. The Nehmer VARO awarded them along with the IHD claim I filed. 

Have you tried to get a status from IRIS or the WH Vets Hot line ( 855-948-2311)

No I haven’t had any exams since the appeal board. 

Didnt know I had to do a C and P again for this. 

This is exactly what I’m thinking they are doing to my case because if my math is right which I think it is, it would be a 6 figured back pay check.  I haven’t reached out to anyone yet except the VA. I’ll try calling IRIS now.  

I dont think you can call IRIS-

https://www.va.gov/

Click on the Contact Us thing, then click on Ask a Question- and the IRIS stuff will direct you ---

Maybe you dont need a C & P - 

ask them for the status and ask for an email reply instead of phone call ( so that you have hard copy of their reply)

Called IRIS they directed me to the VA. VA is saying now the only thing I’m waiting  on is the final letter from the Reginal Office of the decision. 

Wjason777,

My husband is going through the same thing.  We received a partial win/partial remand.  The BVA decision was made on March 7, 2018.  He was granted increase on Migraines to 50% and the tdiu was remanded back to VARO.  The VA has not implemented to increase on migraines nor sent the retro.  We are approaching 110 days since decision.  I made an IRIS inquiry 7 days ago and have not heard anything on that yet either.  Best of luck to you!

2 hours ago, Kelly Severance said:

Wjason777,

My husband is going through the same thing.  We received a partial win/partial remand.  The BVA decision was made on March 7, 2018.  He was granted increase on Migraines to 50% and the tdiu was remanded back to VARO.  The VA has not implemented to increase on migraines nor sent the retro.  We are approaching 110 days since decision.  I made an IRIS inquiry 7 days ago and have not heard anything on that yet either.  Best of luck to you!

This sucks. I’ve been dealing with this case for 7 years now. Was hoping this was the end of it.