VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Average wait time for an expedited appeal decision once the judge receives it?

Rate this question

Disciple

Question

The BVA judge received my expedited appeal on March 9, 2018 but l have not received a decision yet.  Vets.gov lists the wait time as 1-2 months but it's been almost 4 so I would really appreciate any feedback from those of you who have had yours expedited regarding wait time for a decision.  I'm praying for all of my fellow brothers and sisters who are still fighting.  THANK YOU SO MUCH in advance for your help...God bless all of you and thank you for your service!

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Unfortunately it seems the RO's do not adhere to the remands being expedited.  Do you have a VSO or a lawyer?  You can call the VA hotline but do not contact a congressman, unless you have a personal relationship with one the VA will respond with a form letter and the congressman will send you a letter telling you what the VA said.  In the meantime your case goes back to the bottom of the pile.

Vetquest, thank you for replying.  This is not a remand but I suppose that doesn't matter to the VA since nothing else seems to.  I have an attorney who checks VACOLS every morning and have tried to call the BVA status line several times at different times of day but no one ever answers so I'm frustrated like all of us.  I agree...going the Congressional Rep. route will only delay it more since all work has to stop so that the inquiry can be done.  Well, thank you again for taking the time to reply and best wishes for you and all of our fellow vets...thank you for your service!

Pwrslm, thank you for replying, too.  Won't calling the WH hotline number generate a similar Congressional type inquiry that would delay it further?  Where did you get that number and have you used it with any success?  Thanks again for taking the time to try to help and best wishes to you and thank you for your service!

No.

WH is a POTUS supervised VA back door, the Congressional is a formal inquiry.

Every time I have used the WH HL it moved my solution faster, or forced the VA to follow their own rules.  Us their own playbook against them and they will do exactly what you want them to do. This is the USC, CFR and the M21R inclusive. If you do end up with VR&E, that is covered by M28R. These are the VBA's operation manuals. They also have a ton of directives and handbooks detailing how each section functions, interpretations of rules and policy letters, etc. It may take some time to find the right thing, but if you are right and stick to your guns, there isnt much they can do about it.

On 6/23/2018 at 8:04 PM, vetquest said:

You can call the VA hotline but do not contact a congressman, unless you have a personal relationship with one the VA will respond with a form letter and the congressman will send you a letter telling you what the VA said.  In the meantime your case goes back to the bottom of the pile.

I have heard this before, but not until after I had already tried it. I wonder where this comes from? I know DAV likes to tell people this. It didn't appear that mine went to the bottom of the pile.