VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medicare Part D And Prescriptions With Champva

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

This year Medicare is deducting 93.50 from Mrs Pete's Social Security check which included Medicare Prescription Part D coverage. Also last year we ChampVA paid over 1500 for prescriptions and we paid 25%.

What I don't understand is will Medicare Prescription help with co pay or are we wasting money being signed up for Prescription Plan. We never asked for it by the way.

When I call the 800 Numbers for Social Security and for ChampVA they are busy.

Anyone who can explain this will be a big help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete,

I would say you're waisting money on Part "D". Judy used a Part "D" for a year because it was free due to being on a state attended care program. However, since that isn't available this year, we reverted back to CHampVA. I did drop a ChampVA supplement last year, not knowing that we would be back to just ChampVA, so we'll be paying 25%. I haven't looked into supplementals as of yet, because I'm assuming they won't take her with all of the pre-exisiting.

• 2 weeks later...

Pete have you ever filed for reimbursement for moneys paid out on prescriptions ? Champva has a claim form VA form 10-7959A that you can use to get reimbursed you will need an itemized pharmacy statement to get reimbursed. and have you ever tried meds by mail? it says it is free of charge if you have no other prescription coverage.

Leroy

• HadIt.com Elder

Leroy:

Thanks for the reply its my wife who has ChampVA and she is retty much unwilling to use meds by mail even though that is what I get. I found out that the reason I got confused is that Parts A&B are 93.50 and my Medicare HMO waives a charge for Part D. So everything is ok. I was pretty confused and not being able to talk to a real person was unsettling. Medicare called me up 3 days later.