VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fayetteville VA- anyone here who gets a letter from VA on this

Rate this question

Berta

Question

https://community.hadit.com/topic/72172-anyone-used-the-fayetteville-arkansas-va-over-the-past-few-years/

If you are one of the 19,000 plus who might have been potential misdiagnosed-and you receive this letter from VA -will you let us know?

There have been major  malpractice issues in 4 NC VA hospitals:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article9110780.html

The deceased veteran, that the above link refers to , is ,from what I can tell, our former radio show technician.

JBasser said his surviving spouse got a letter from the VA regarding his death and apparently he was a patient of the VA doctor they named.

letter-from-va.png?w=770

Edited by Berta

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

to add- some of the sound was not too good but I am sure no one asked my question-

They(VA) knew in 2016) this pathologist had problems and sent him to a rehab program-

It seemes to me ( I get blood work and urine test every year -due to Medicare guidelines I think)

that VA should have given him periodic urine and/or blood tests, to rule out whatever he had been addicted to-to see when he came back to the VA , if he maintained sobriety or was in fact using drugs or alcohol again.

The director was asked what the impairment was but due to HIPPA laws he could not tell anyone.

What a disgrace- the emotional toil on anyone or their family who got that letter must be devastating....not tyo mention how many vets he really harmed or killed.We dont know yet- and this could become a criminal matter.

I learned the name of the pathologist. He denies he was inpaired.  SF 95s are beginning to be filed.

A COPD vet just found out he has had prostate cancer that was misdiagnosed years ago.In the video there are some men going over to vets or their survivors after they spoke  at the  meeting to quickly speak privately to them- I believe they were malpractice lawyers.

At 7 EST ( 6 in Fayetteville) the news will carry more information on 38 USC 1151.

(One vet told a radio station the VA should get a Class action filed against them and said if he dies because of his documented misdiagnosis he will come back to haunt then ( meaning the VA).

My posts here are really just to hope vets google the Fayetteville situation and my posts here will pop up in google with our link. I could tell many at the Town Hall seem to be in shock-may are angry, one widow made me cry- I KNOW how she feels-  and they don't know what to do.

I even wonder if 20,000 letters have really gone out.

And I wonder how many VSOs and Vet reps in Fayetteville and the 4 state area where VA lab work was sent from, to this same lab, have a clue on 1151 38 USC. VA has finished more reviews but no word yet if more were misdiagnosed.

If you see something in your medical records or treatments or medications VA prescribes for you- that does not seem right-it is something you should be concerned about.