VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What are they doing

Rate this question

Gbing

Question

I recently submitted a claim for hypertension secondary to my sc ddd lumbar.  I went online and see the claim reads, "anxiety increase and sleep apnea new." I'm rated for anxiety but didn't ask for an increase. I filed a sleep apnea claim but was denied a fee months ago. What are they doing? Anyone have this happen to them? Again, all I claimed was the hypertension. 

20180626_161907.jpg

Edited by Gbing
Title

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

3 answers to this question

"What are they doing?"

We'll they are doing what they do best.  Confuse the Veteran.  It's a game they play.

However,  since they listed what you claimed and a couple more (bonus), I think you did good so-far.

I had to research your HBP secondary to DDD claim, as I have both.  I see where HBP causes DDD, but not the reverse.  Who knows.

But, with that said, if you take HBP medicine and your pressure is controlled the most you'll get is service connected at 0%.  Service connection is good, especially with the heart, but the 0% bites.

Now, what I learned 8 years later in 2016 (after the 0% for HBP in 2008) is that I should have claimed heart disease, as I did and it was service connected at 30% by x-ray of LVH.  Enlarged left ventricle that I had evidence from 2004.  8 years of 30% down the drain.

Anyway, since your in the claim, I would see where it takes you and then work from there.  I personally let them run and do not junk them up once they have started.  Unless they ask me for something.

And as you know now, the VA is not going to help you find these facts in your medical records,

Hamslice

Whenever you open ANY claim for ANYTHING, you open yourself up for any and all issues to be reviewed by the VA.  If you say what you are saying that you did not file anything for anxiety, you might want to call your rep or call PEGGY and find out why you have that increase.  I find it strange it says "increase" if you didn't ask for an increase.  It could be a simple glitch in the system but if you find out it is in for an increase, then I would file a request to cancel the "increase" for anxiety.