VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fayetteville -like a "national Emergency"per VA

Berta

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/va-treating-doctors-misdiagnosis-like-a-national-emergency/1250464791

The call numbers are now working. 1-866-388-5428   or 1-479-582-7995- and they have gotten many calls already.

Any veteran or survivor of a veteran who gets this letter from VA

letter-from-va.png?w=770

needs to get a complete copy of their medical records, if they dont already have a copy-

The VAMC in Arkansas should have a Records Access Officer with a short form you can use-

Survivors- I forgot what I needed to prove I was the survivor of my husband to get his records, maybe just the death certificate.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, let me get this straight.  At least 20 Vets, per day, die to their own hand, in no small part because of VA's inability/unwillingness to care for them.  Or, they "care for them" in appeals 10 years after they need help.  

And many Veterans died "waiting on appointments", where VA began the Veterans choice program which works about as inefficiently as before.  

So, now all the sudden, we have a "national emergency" because an (impaired) doc apparently misdiagnosed patients.  

Where was the "national emergency" when last year's 7300 Veterans died (20 Vets per day times 365 days per year)  and the 36,500 Vets that died 5 years before that?  

If congress critters were paid with the speed that Vets compensation is paid, congress would walk off the job.  

The Fayetteville new call center had over 1,000 calls before noon today from vets who got the letter.

.http://www.wktv.com/content/national/485956921.html

"U.S. Rep. Bruce Westerman's office told 40/29 the VA informed Westerman that somebody from his district died as a result of the problem.
Arkansas' 4th Congressional District covers parts of Northwest Arkansas and the River Valley, as well as parts of southern Arkansas. Westerman's office told 40/29 that federal privacy laws prevented them from getting more information about the case"
I bet it was our member Mike Sasser (dod July 2, 2015)

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

That's outrageous. Quality assurance is obviously lacking and our fellow veterans are paying for it.

Something like this should be referred for criminal prosecution, in my opinion.

It might be- VA has confirmed to a Congressman that the pathologist caused one of the deaths so far-****

That is one too many!

They have over 5,000 deceased veteran records to go through to see if any more of them were misdiagnosed too, and that it caused their death.

Our deceased member Mike Sasser's wife got the letter.

I am trying to give her the lawyer firm contact #.

****I dont have second  confirmation on that info- will ask the Congressman.