VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file on disc

Rate this question

jefmil50

Question

Anyone know how to get your c-file sent on disc, I dont want the box or boxes of paper work mailed to me. Thanks!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Just do a Freedom of Information Request to the VA and ask that it be in electronic format. CD should be the norm now a days.   I am not certain that the VA has made it permanent on requesting a whole claims file to be on disk, although it would save a lot of paper.  

I got mine on disc from my lawyer.  Those are exceptionallly convienient.  Depending upon the technology available to you, you may even be able to search for terms like, "At least as likely as not".  

If you do have this technology available (searchable .pdf files), it can save hours and hours and hours of reading.  

NOW THIS IS THE reason why VA should be able to speed up claims/appeals.  They should be able to locate the Caluza elements in seconds, not days and days of reading sometimes thousands of pages of mostly irrelevant information.  

I agree Bronco.  You should go over it with a fine tooth comb though.  I found documents that were not provided to me from earlier FOIA requests.  You can find necessary documents that will help you in your claims, catch omissions, alterations, and all sorts of discrepancies that can hinder your claims successes.

Some valuable information I found in my cfile, that was unknown to me previously:

1.  "Rate sheets".  This is an internal document that isnt sent to Veteran with the decision.  In one such "rate sheet" I found arthritis "non service connected".  What this meant was VA never adjuticated SC for arthritis, and sent me a decision, they just "non decidided" (a decision which wasnt in my VARO decision) to "not" service connect arthritis.  This translates to a denial that The Veteran does not know about, a violation of 38 CFR 3.103, which requres a written decision.  

2.  Internal memos.  (Between VA personel).  The Veteran isnt privy to these, but they are sometimes found in the cfile.  For example, I saw an internal memo where VA employee 1 said to VA employee 2, "This isnt a valid shred claim, because the shredding occurred OUTSIDE the 18 month window established by Dr. Peake."

Did you miss that?  VA admitted they shredded my evidence but said it was outside of the narrow 18 month window, established by Dr. Peake.  This 18 month window is "arbritrary and capricious", or so I will argue unless things go favorably for me.  Its my "Ace in the hole"