VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

tylerb333

Question

is this in my favor?   The veteran's use of opiates, cannabis, and alcohol began prior to service, thus current/recent use/abuse is not caused by an in-service related event. Given
the veteran's consistent diagnosis and treatment of PTSD, and the frequency of relapse of substance use, it is as least as likely as not that his substance use
(to include opioid use disorder) is aggravated beyond its natural progression by his PTSD symptoms.

• HadIt.com Elder

No that is not in your favor, anything negative reported before your military to include your childhood raising & medical records that state you were on certain medications for whatever ect,,ect,,,,,and treated for  ect,,,ect,, will be used against you from the VA to deny your claim's

I want to point out the different lanes to use if your in the RAMP Program

TO ADD NEW EVIDENCE you need to choose the Sumpmental lane review

The other RAMP Lane is for the Higher review and you can only use the evidence you have already submitted and not submit any new  evidence.

As long as you don't bring an attorney on Board. the Appeal remains non-adversarial, but you've got a long uphill battle here and it's way beyond the means of a DIY Appeal Project. Way too many negatives working against you. Right now, you're not IU, regardless of the Rater's Decision. You will need Professional Representation to counter the negative reports.   There seems to be a reluctance on your part, to post ID Redacted Award and Denial Letters. Just be sure to remove all your Personal Identifying references.

they already approved the PTSD  with sub abuse secondary, YOU WIN!

talk abt double talk GEEZ.  what bullshit!!! I would request a formal conference at your regional office ASAP. point out the fact that it is symptomatic to your PTSD, which they have already acknowledged.. You were screened before entering service, and if the substance abuse didnt come out in the wash, and they accepted you, they cant go digging up bones now.

really though we need more info, what exactly are u claiming, what other evidence was considered, what other info was in the denial. have you filed before and what for and when.. theres alot of intricacies that can affect a claim. did u disclose any problems to the millitary prior to service.

Edited by 63SIERRA
add

Folks lie abt things to get into the millitary all the time, and the millitary turns a blind eye, depending on how bad they need folks. I flunked the marijuana exam first try, second try I was sworn in. walked into the Mepps in New Orleans , they needed a warm body to train. they got one.

On 6/29/2018 at 8:29 PM, tylerb333 said:

is this in my favor?   The veteran's use of opiates, cannabis, and alcohol began prior to service, thus current/recent use/abuse is not caused by an in-service related event. Given
the veteran's consistent diagnosis and treatment of PTSD, and the frequency of relapse of substance use, it is as least as likely as not that his substance use
(to include opioid use disorder) is aggravated beyond its natural progression by his PTSD symptoms.

JMO-  not one positive comment in the entire sentences. "began prior to service","is not cause by and inservice event", "freq of relapse"- the last part may be in your favor with the least likely or not. BUT with no in-service related event.....