VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where to find the phone number for eBenefits

Rate this question

Disciple

Question

Can anyone please tell me where to find the phone number to eBenefits?  The status of my appeal hasn't been updated since a month ago.  Has anyone else noticed the same thing?  I would like to ask them how often they update and why mine hasn't been done.  Thank you in advance for any help as it's greatly appreciated and best wishes to everyone!

You're relying on E-Ben for timely Appeals Updates?  That's a questionable decision in itself. Someone told you, or you read somewhere, that you can contact E-Ben by phone? What's your source?

Contact your POA-VSO and request he accesses your C-File and sees what's going on.

Now, how about posting a redacted copy of your Denial, so we can get a grip on your appeal situation. When did you file your Claim and subsequent NOD? What type of VA Appeal Route did you choose, BVA, DRO Review or DRO Hearing?

You can always call 800-827-1000 (Peggy) for an update.  Ebennies isn't a reliable site honestly because both Ebennies and Vet.gov don't really update often.  Do you have a rep for your appeals?  I would first call them if you do.

Gastone,

Wow, I wasn't looking to be insulted...just was looking for a phone number to possibly speak with their IT people.  Obviously, if I'm asking for help on this forum, my attorney wasn't able to provide the answer I'm seeking as to why my status hasn't been updated.  My appeal is in an expedited status (it's not a remand) so I was just looking for any info. that would help explain the delay in decision since the judge started working it in the first part of March.  Next time, if you can't find it within yourself to reply more respectfully to a fellow brother or sister-in-arms, please don't reply at all because between my medical issues and being homeless, a demeaning attitude is the last thing I need right now.

D, didn't intend to step on your feelings. Based on your above posting, more info is always better than less, it's clear now that you're certainly not new to the VA Claims and Appeals system. The fact that your Appeal (VA lawyer POA) is at the BVA, were you really expecting your E-Ben Account to have BVA Updates?      Your POA-VA Lawyer Has Direct  Computer access to your C-file and obviously all BVA Documents and requests for additional Medical Evidence, he's your go-to guy for movement Status, especially on an  Appeal that's been granted an "Advancement on the Docket." Your former VSO-POA is out of the Appeal picture.      I still have to ask, who told you or where did you read, that your E-Ben Site would carry BVA Appeals movement up-dates.info?      Especially after sharing your current situation, the last thing you need is someone pointing you in the wrong direction for information. Demeaning was not my intent, however, wasting one's time chasing E-Ben for accurate updates by any Vet, is ill-advised.  Good Luck with your Appeal!

G,

My appeal has been being updated on eBenefits ever since it arrived at the BVA in January but for some reason has stopped updating as of June 4th.  I never had any other representation other than my current atty whom I retained right after my first denial 4 yrs. ago.  He checks every day for updates in VACOLS and there haven't been any on there either.  Was really trying to figure out if they update the entire site at once or only cases that have had any movement.  My case is pretty cut and dry with indisputable evidence which is another reason why I'm confused as to why it's taking so long to render a decision.

D, can't say I've ever read about E-Ben having timely BVA  updates that would assist in the tracking of the Appeals progress. What kind of status updates were you seeing?

Your BVA Appeal journey can be an education for other Vets. Four years ago (mid 2014, you receive a Denial and immediately Retain a VA Lawyer who advised you to request the BVA Appeal Route, as opposed to RO, DRO Review or DRO Hearing? Approximately mid-2015, your Appeal should have been Certified Complete by your RO and transferred to the BVA  for Docket Number Assignment.  Does your Docket Number start with a 15, 16, or 17?    Did your VA Attorney file for the Hardship Advancement Pre or Post Docket Number assignment?    What type of BVA Hearing are you waiting on, Travel Board, Video Hearing or DC Hearing? Any info from your Attorney as to how many BVA Hardship Advancements were ahead of yours?