VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where to find the phone number for eBenefits

Rate this question

Disciple

Question

Can anyone please tell me where to find the phone number to eBenefits?  The status of my appeal hasn't been updated since a month ago.  Has anyone else noticed the same thing?  I would like to ask them how often they update and why mine hasn't been done.  Thank you in advance for any help as it's greatly appreciated and best wishes to everyone!

Filed claim: 8/1/13

Denied: 11/20/14

DRO Hearing: 2/11/16

DRO Denial: 8/8/16 (2 conditions) and 12/29/16 (for Ind. Unemp.)

Appeal Certified @ BVA: 1/2017 (I think)  and filed MTE (Motion To Expedite)

MTE granted: Probably 2/2018

With VLJ:  3/9/18

Decision final and sent to AMC: 7/5/18

My atty said that the AMC tends to implement the decision quickly but is slow to send it on to Finance to get paid so I'm praying that's not how this goes.

Excellent info, thanks. What is/was your CSC (Combined Service Connected) Rating (%) at the time of your Claim/Denial?

This was my first claim so I started out at 0% but as of today, I'm at 100% for my cardiac condition and I'm waiting to see what the AMC rates my other 7 conditions that they granted.  I'm hoping it won't take too long for them to assign the ratings since I'm in an expedited status.  My SS Disability is not enough to live on per month which is why I'm in a financial hardship.  I'm not sure if the expedited status matters or not once it gets to AMC and Finance though.  They may just process them in the order that they get them...who knows?

60 mos Retro or 100% SC with no Dependants is about $174K+/-, about $140K after VA Lawyer Fee.

Your above post indicates (1) Cardiac Condition, is it 100% By itself, or is the 100% SC an IU Award?  If any of your other claimed SC Issues get separate SC Awards, are not related to the IU Award and have a separate CSC of 60%; SMC S Housebound will be Awarded also. About $342 per mos.

Yes, my cardiac condition required me to have an ICD implanted which is an automatic 100% rating.  I qualify for SMC K & S as well but my number is higher than the one you replied with.  I used the charts on the VA's website to calculate mine so we'll see how it comes back.  Hopefully it's right the first time as I'm tired of dealing with the VA after 5 yrs of this.