VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Champ VA issues

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are there any Hadit members having issues with getting Champ VA to reimburse us for dependanat cop pays?

let me know. I have had a hard time over the last year getting them to pay the wife for her co pays and i am getting sick and tired of it.

The mail room loses everything regardless if return receipt.

Jbasser.

Do you have a link from CHAMPVA that states this?

I have been on CHAMPVA since 1991 and had to pay a co pay on my meds this year, as in the past.

I only take one med twice a week and Glenn Johnson of CHAMPVA on our blog radio shows, asked me why I don't do Meds by Mail but the VA made a medication error on my husband's meds  by mail, and he died a few weeks later.

The medication error was what he should have been on for 6 years...and the FTCA settlement considered that error but focused on the more prevalent malpractice my evidence revealed.

They almost killed an elderly  vet living a few miles away from me,  who never got his meds, because they came here.The local VAMC argued with him many time, until I got a hold of Pharmacy- who blamed the Post Office for the error.But they did give a new bottle of the meds.

The US Post Office, as far as I know, does not work inside the VA pharmacy, where the meds are packed to be mailed.  

It would help to see a link to that change.I have received nothing from CHAMPVA on it at all....only the annual card they send every January -that mentions my co pays. $50.00 deductable.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms berta my spouse gets champVA and she gets her Meds  from meds by mail through ChampVA  She has ever since I got my 100% P&T. 18 Years ago.

And now that she is on Medicare   Medicare is her 80% beneficiary and ChampVA is her second beneficiary   what medicare don't pay  champVA Steps up and pays    this lessen any co pay due  but I seem to think she has never had to pay any co pay  for here meds  or any hospital stays  and believe me she has had her share of hospital stays  from falls that break he bones  like hip bone  or her leg and arms  to her catching Pneumonia.   

So if you are having to pay a co-pay for your meds   maybe you should call Glen Johnson back?

something don't seem right with you having to pay a co-pay for your meds??

* note  they are some meds she does have to pay a co-pay  I think its like  pain killers   like Hydrocodone  or the 100 MCG/HR Fentanyl Transdermal Patch ect,,,ect,,,

Edited by Buck52

"something don't seem right with you having to pay a co-pay for your meds??"

It is my choice. However do you have a link to the info Jeff Bell posted?

You have no idea how shocked I was, when the coroner called me to see what meds the VA had prescribed my husband. That is when I found out they belonged to a vet living miles away. We always checked the meds with the PDR-but  my husband had a visual problem due to the malpractice and he never realised someone else's name was on the meds. It was a different dose .

I always get the proper meds from my personal pharmacy,and am willing to pay 50 bucks a year for peace of mind.

I have used the documented VA pharmacy error to support my recent accrued claim for AO HBP.

My CUE award states it is a 1151 disability. VA said they cant pay me accrued for it because I already got too much accrued  money from VA.😀

There is no regulation to support that VA BS. There is no such thing as too much accrued.I have a CUE pending on that CUE award,

Also as you know, the VA has SCed HBP, as due to AO, if there is no other known etiology for it and if the veteran served in Vietnam. Two awards at the BVA I already posted here somewhere and many remanded.

• HadIt.com Elder

I need to add this   if her Dr (private not VA) Prescribes her a medication into the local pharmacy like VCS  OR Walgreens ect,,,ect,,,the pharmacy does charge her a co-pay  but if she gets her meds from meds by mail she don't have to pay a co-pay.

• HadIt.com Elder

No I don't have a link to what Jeff Bell posted..but I am sure if he see these post he will put up the link  if he use to work for ChampVA?  THEY SHOULD HAVE A LINK OF THIS INFORMATION.

I HAVE NOTHING OR EVEN HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT JEFF BELL MENTION ABOVE?