VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Roll Call Happy Fourth of July

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Well I hope everyone is doing well can’t believe it’s been a month into summer. I hope everyone is doing well And everyone has a Happy and Safe Independence Day, I just wanted to make sure everyone is ok by setting up a message Roll Call. If anyone needs to talk shot me a message or by responding to this by saying Happy 4th take care

FYI when you light the fireworks don’t stand right behind or in front of the bottle rockets 🚀 might not be happy LOl

A Day we - Every American-should all be grateful for!

I have been at many re enactments of the Battle of Treton NJ, December 25, 1776, led by the great Commander in Chief, George Washington. Mil schools like the one I graduated from (AMU) still study his tactics.

His men suffered greatly due to the weather and the fact that their food/water supplies were limited and many literally had worn out their shoes and had tied bandages around their feet to make the long march into Trenton.

I love history and there are many U tube videos on these re enactments.......

Trenton also has the "Old Barracks", a small building that was fortified and could house a limited supply of troops for  a night or two and a hot meal- I was always impressed that the beds are only about 5 feet long-in  those days Americans were not as tall as we are now-

Washington was very tall however and a viable target on his horse but that never seemed to bother him.

My church sang many patriotic songs Sunday-and we raised a flag one of our young members,in service,  sent from SE Asia -

If you watch Watters World, on TV ,half or more of the young people he interviewed last week had no idea what the 4th of July really meant.

Some didnt really know who George Washington was except that he is on  the dollar.

Sad and concerning-living much of my life in  historic Trenton NJ- I feel like I knew him!

I am going to catch anything I can on TV about 1776 today- then take a dip and cook on the grill-and stay off the roads.

At my farm's highest spot I can see fireworks all over the county for miles.

It has been so hot here in NY , even at night, maybe I will just watch them on TV with A/C on.

Have a safe and Great Holiday everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Joe Biden’s Home town in De so he stops by here every year for the fireworks show... 

Edited by jfrei

When Francis Scott Key wrote the "Star Spangled Banner", the British was not happy with America, to say the least.  At Fort McHenry, there stood an American Flag.  The British commander told Key to take that flag down, or it would be blown to bits by dozens and dozens of British ships which had hopelessly out gunned any sort of American resistance.  

They refused to take the American flag down, so the British Blasted the flag.  Again and again and again, through the nite they fired cannon after cannon, virtually making a crater out of everything.  

When Francis Scott key awoke the next morning, he could not beleive the flag was still standing after repeatedly being blasted.  

Later, he found out the base of the flag was blown away and the flag was supported exclusively with patriots bodies who refused to give up this land to the British.  When one patriot was killed, another took his place and again and again, it was a pile of bodies holding up the flag.