VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Curious

As a Veteran yesterday I went to a waterpark with the family. I was very unimpressed with how this business advertises there Military/Veteran discounts. When I read this it is amazing to me that this business has been running for 45 years with not ONE other Veteran addressing this. At least that is what the business states. I am posting this for others to read and please can other vets tell me what you believe it states?

military/veteran discount ADMISSION

• Active Duty - FREE - We thank you for your service!
  • Military Dependents - 25% off General Admission
  • Veterans - 25% off General Admission
  • Only available for purchase at the park
  • Must present valid military ID to receive discount

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

We''ll I see nothing wrong with it,  I'd take a 25% discount for my family any time.

Norm is just 10% discounts.

As for as the Active Duty Personal I think its a good deal,  We all know what military wages pay so getting in Free Is Great.

I don't think they had the Free stuff back then I was in back 1968/71

So anything free today for Active Military Personal is Great..

It isnt unusual for clerks to not know the company's policy on military discounts..I have seen this multiple times.  Remember, the clerks you often deal with are usually part time, teenagers, or people, for whatever reasons, willing to work for close to minimum wages, often with very little training.  

20 minutes ago, broncovet said:

It isnt unusual for clerks to not know the company's policy on military discounts..I have seen this multiple times.  Remember, the clerks you often deal with are usually part time, teenagers, or people, for whatever reasons, willing to work for close to minimum wages, often with very little training.  

I spoke with management today. They were not understanding my confusion. When I read the posting i read it as Veterans and veterans dependents all get the 25% off. At least that is how I read it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah that's how I read it too..so that was not so?

Big difference between Active Duty Military dependents and Vet dependants.

Take Disney World, one level discount for Active Duty, another for Vets, then the BIG Discount for Vets 100% with a DOD ID Card. Max (6) Tickets per family per year.

Red Robin Gourmet Burgers Locations. Colorado. Illinois. Maryland. Washington. Massachusetts. Arizona.  North Carolina. Iowa. MI. and Tx.  Just found out, been a customer for 15+ yrs, has a standard 10% Military/Vet discount, but if you ask they also offer a 20% and a 25% Discount that most of the Managers aren't aware of. They actually have to pull up the Military Discount Screen on the Computer Register to apply the 20 or 25% Discount. If your wife has a Dependant DOD ID Card, she also gets the 25%.