• Donation Box

Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Advertisemnt

• 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

questions-001@3x.png

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading

• Ads

• Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• Advertisemnt

• Advertisemnt

• Ads

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

•  ad-free-subscription-002.jpeg     fund-the-site.jpg

• Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

Ad

Guest L

@chrisp4995 In my mind their is a simple answer to your question -

I respectfully submit, you may not like my answer..... not a lecture, just my opinion.... Veteran to Veteran

1. Link for Texas guidelines to service animals: https://gov.texas.gov/organization/disabilities/assistance_animals

Read for yourself the criteria and guidelines. - I suspect if this is a non-profit - they may have the RIGHT - to not allow you to stay - I would read the paperwork you signed upon entrance. 

2. If you are in a sober living situation and not in stable housing - and asking questions about other programs for your well being and mental health, the last thing you should consider is diverting your attention to a lawsuit. Not only could it take years - it will take your resources.

These  lawsuits appear on your background as people consider you for other things like jobs and housing. ( my degree is in Criminology - just attended an at risk housing seminar)

3. Stability in mental health is primary.  Military City, USA - VA has the BEST - Mental Health  / Homeless  programs research- google online 

I read you are in Texas - just in San Antonio alone is more than 135 Non-profit Veteran programs. .... seek out other local  resources. Substance abuse and housing options. 

http://bexar.tx.networkofcare.org/aging/services/subcategory.aspx?tax=PN-8100.4500-850

Edited by L
clarity

Im not sure what you plan on suing them for.  Not allowing your dog?  Lots of places dont allow dogs.  

Are you suing them for kicking you out because you relapsed?  

I will tell you what a lawyer told me once.  

THE Law isnt going to solve all your problems.  

I dont think it will solve this one either.  Landlords choose whether or not to allow dogs.  And they can choose NOT to allow "a particular" dog.  For example, some places wont allow Pit Bulls.  If your dog is a problem (and Im not saying he is), then your landlord can evict him..and you.  Or, he could just raise your rent.  

You need to focus on getting yourself well, and going out and suing someone probably wont accomplish that for you.  

I would advise you to forget about lawsuits.  Focus instead, on more positive aspects.  Get a new hobby.  Make friends.  Go fishing.  Play chess.  Love deeper.  Go to church.  

I think you will spend a bunch of negative energy.  

In church, just yesterday, our pastor said we should "Learn to be content".  

He also suggested we "do the thing(s) right now that show the most love".  Of course, when I point the finger at you, 4 of those fingers point right back at me, so this advice is especially for me.  

I havent gotten justice in a court yet, except for Veterans benefits.  Its up to you.  

Yea, its a good thing to love your dog.  

Years ago, on a Twilight zone episode, and old man died when he and his dog went coon hunting and they fell into a pond.  

The person at the gate told him his dog wasnt allowed in heaven.  He said, then he didnt think he wanted to go then.  

It turned out to be the right decision, because the devil was tricking him, and it wasnt heaven at all.  

Guest L
On 7/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, broncovet said:

Im not sure what you plan on suing them for.  Not allowing your dog?  Lots of places dont allow dogs.  

Are you suing them for kicking you out because you relapsed?  

I will tell you what a lawyer told me once.  

I dont think it will solve this one either.  Landlords choose whether or not to allow dogs.  And they can choose NOT to allow "a particular" dog.  For example, some places wont allow Pit Bulls.  If your dog is a problem (and Im not saying he is), then your landlord can evict him..and you.  Or, he could just raise your rent.  

You need to focus on getting yourself well, and going out and suing someone probably wont accomplish that for you.  

I would advise you to forget about lawsuits.  Focus instead, on more positive aspects.  Get a new hobby.  Make friends.  Go fishing.  Play chess.  Love deeper.  Go to church.  

I think you will spend a bunch of negative energy.  

In church, just yesterday, our pastor said we should "Learn to be content".  

He also suggested we "do the thing(s) right now that show the most love".  Of course, when I point the finger at you, 4 of those fingers point right back at me, so this advice is especially for me.  

I havent gotten justice in a court yet, except for Veterans benefits.  Its up to you.  

Yea, its a good thing to love your dog.  

Years ago, on a Twilight zone episode, and old man died when he and his dog went coon hunting and they fell into a pond.  

The person at the gate told him his dog wasnt allowed in heaven.  He said, then he didnt think he wanted to go then.  

It turned out to be the right decision, because the devil was tricking him, and it wasnt heaven at all.  

Excellent perspective and advice. 

"Learn to be content"---I like that.

H