VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need help with smc i think i have a cue

Rate this topic

I am 60% for neck issue an iu since 1993 I just put in claim a@a. Had comp exam doctor stated I can feed dress or clean my house an my condition is a hazzard.

My doctor just put in referral for 8 hr a week aid lady va hositpal  just call an just waiting.

? I was granted iu 60 neck 20 for facture elbow. Shouldnt a smc claim have been open when I was granted this 2001.

? Comp exam stated I was housebound an a@a will this an doctor note get me the higher a@a

I see elbow is a condition for smc k I was never granted or ifferr a claim for me. I think this is a cue.

I just had my mental comp exam same day they have been denied me for year.

Doctor stated it is due to my service on exam. An check boxs for 70%. If granted will this take me to smc r1.

Last I been in the ilv progarm 4 yr an thy had info I need help never told me to apply or open a claim. An I appeal to dc. That a whole different store. But can this be use as to when the claim should have been open.

Need the big dogs on here help.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Mr cue quoted

''I am 60% for neck issue an iu since 1993 I just put in claim a@a. Had comp exam doctor stated I can feed dress or clean my house an my condition is a hazzard.

(not favorable to your A&A Claim)  UNLESS YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T DO THESE THINGS  ? THEN YES FAVORABLE.

My doctor just put in referral for 8 hr a week aid lady va hositpal  just call an just waiting. (not sure?)

I was granted iu 60 neck 20 for facture elbow. Shouldnt a smc claim have been open when I was granted this 2001.

(NO) JMO you need to be 100% IU AND 60% S.C. ABOVE THAT FOR  SMC S H.B.

However this is controversial some say if your IU then you can't leave home for work and VA should infer the SMC-S H.B.... I never got this when I was awarded TDIU P&T back in 2002..but times have changed. You possibly could be awarded the SMC S H.B back to 2001 and paid the Adjustments. 

Comp exam stated I was housebound an a@a will this an doctor note get me the higher a@a

yes its favorable to your claim. (JMO)

I see elbow is a condition for smc k I was never granted or ifferr a claim for me. I think this is a cue.

HUH?  unless you lost the use of your elbow?  it would be loss of use claim but not of a creative organ. probably 10% rating YOU CAN CHECK THE CRITERIA RATING SCHEDULED FOR ALL THESE CONDITIONS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN S.C. FOR.

I just had my mental comp exam same day they have been denied me for year. HUH?? What do you mean here?

Doctor stated it is due to my service on exam. An check boxs for 70%. If granted will this take me to smc r1. NO(JMO)  OR DEPENDS ON YOUR CURRENT RATING!

Last I been in the ilv progarm 4 yr an thy had info I need help never told me to apply or open a claim. An I appeal to dc. That a whole different store. But can this be use as to when the claim should have been open.

I THINK ITS VETERANS CHOICE TO FILE HIS OWN CLAIM  NOT THE VA. (JMO)

Unless I am Mis-Understanding you on all this?

other member please chime in

Edited by Buck52

Yes i.have all those problems an they are list on the a@a comp exam.

It say iu can be use as the 100% rating for smc. 

I had a mental comp exam Doctor check everything for a 70% rating. If granted with 60% for neck an iu would this not make it smc m.

With my doctor note and hospital paying for 8 hr of in home care. Would I get the higher a@a.

Last ? Do I have to be rates for loss of use or does it just have to b stated on doctor reports.

Can you tell us what service connected disabilities you have and what the rating is for each one?

As Buck said SMC S is with 100% or TDIU for one specific disability  and any SC independent disability rated at 60% or over triggers SMC consideration  (or it should) or the medical evidence shows you are Housebound.

If you fell into that category in a past award- or will in the future, and the VA does NOT consider you for SMC , they have committed a CUE.

I had a SMC CUE- It is here in the CUE forum.

Husband had 100% P & T for SC PTSD and over 60% for 1151 Stroke ( meaning VA caused the stroke)

but they did not consider  him for SMC.

They granted the CUE  as part of another posthumous award ( AO IHD) ad also granted an additional CUE for IHD.

I suggest that you try to get a local Vet Rep or VSO to make a house call-they used to do that and I hope they still do , to go over your paperwork and prepare the claim for you-

You mentioned an appeal as well and that might have bearing on your next claim.

Unless you have a scanner and can scan and attach the last award here?

If so cover your C file # and name prior to scanning it.

Hi berta. U an other on here t bird help me get info on the cue claim I won back in 2009. My name on here I think was James young buffalo ro left my appeal open from 1993. Found only by doing the cue.

Berta I think they did the same thing to me I was granted iu an 60%5293 old ivds now 5243. Back till 1993 But never give smc or even look at.

Decison is on internet ante hester world press I think. I self respent myself. I believe them vso in the regional office are no help. I was told not to do the cue by them. I would have never got my back pay.

My bad ok so iu can b use for housebound the way I understand it because u can't go out to make a income. This was on a decision from bva

So my ? Is the rating of 60% use to get iu cant be use for smc. I need anthor one of 60% to get a&a. 

A&a I see no were it state's I must have two 60% rating an iu. To qualify